Dr. David Perlmutter (IG: @davidperlmutter) is a Board-Certified Neurologist and Fellow of the American College of Nutrition. After completing residency training in Neurology, he entered private practice in Naples, Florida where he serves as Medical Director of the Perlmutter Health Center and the Perlmutter Hyperbaric Center.
Dr. Perlmutter is the recipient of numerous awards and has been interviewed on many nationally syndicated radio and television programs including 20/20, Larry King Live, CNN, The Oprah Show, and The Dr. Oz Show.
In this episode we're discussing his new book Brain Wash, which was released today.
In this episode, we discuss:
Stress and lack of sleep The connection between the pre-fontal cortex and the amygdala The Western diet = inflammation The story of Phineas Gage Does your digital experience pass the test of T.I.M.E.? What is disconnection syndrome? Social media isolates us Make time to interact with people 2 types of empathy The opposite of empathy is narcissism The positive health benefits of being in nature Dr. Perlmutter’s 20 minute a day meditation practice Detox your mind in 10 days Make daily meditation a priority Anyone can rewire their brain Inflammation is caused by diet, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, and stress The benefits of the Oura Ring What is time restricted eating? Ultimate health = being content Show sponsors:
Dr. David Perlmutter & Dr. Austin Perlmutter - Brain Wash (book)
Dr. Perlmutter's website
Follow Dr. David Perlmutter on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. David Perlmutter - Brain Maker (book)
Dr. David Perlmutter - Grain Brain (book)
Listen to Dr. David Perlmutter previously on TUHP (episode #273 & #289)
Online Meditation Timer
Dr. Andrew Newberg (books)
Dr. Satchin Panda - The Circadian Code (book)
303: Emily Fletcher – Stress Less… Accomplish More, Mindfulness vs. Meditation, Secrets To Manifesting
286: Cal Newport – Digital Minimalism • Create Time For Solitude • Stop Socializing On Social Media
280: Dr. Josh Axe – Keto Diet • Treating Cancer With Food • Collagen Is Essential
246: Sachin Patel – Stealth Infections • Get Back To Nature • The 2 Types Of Mindset
230: Dr. Christiane Northrup – Dodging Energy Vampires • Characteristics Of An Empath • Make Sleep Your Go-To Healer
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. Making a purchase through these links won't cost you anything but we will receive a small commission. This is an easy, free way of supporting the podcast. Thank you!
How can you support our podcast?
1. Apple users, please subscribe and review our show on Apple Podcasts, we make sure to read them all. Android users, be sure to subscribe to our show on Google Podcasts. Subscribers never miss any of the action ;)
2. Tell a friend about The Ultimate Health Podcast. They will surely thank you later. You can use the envelope button below to email a friend or tell them about TUHP in person.
3. Join TUHP Facebook community (FREE). This is where we all stay in touch and ask questions in between episodes. Join our community.
4. Follow our adventures on our favourite social media platform, Instagram.
5. Download The Ultimate Health Podcast app (FREE). This way you'll have our whole library of episodes right at your fingertips. Download our iOS/Apple app or our Android app.
6. Share using the buttons below.