https://thewoundedblue.org - THE WOUNDED BLUE FOUNDATION - AN ORGANIZATION FOR INJURED AND DISABLED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS
Each year, approximately 57,000 Law Enforcement Officers are assaulted in the line of duty and almost 30,000 lose time from work due to Line of Duty injuries. The severity of these injuries range from complaints of pain to permanent disabling injuries, many requiring extensive medical attention. In addition to the visible injuries, emotional and psychological trauma also affect an untold number of Law Enforcement Officers, often leading to Post Traumatic Stress Injury.
The Wounded Blue was created to help injured law enforcement, build and administer an Emergency Financial Aid Fund, create a system of effective and caring Peer Support, be a resource for competent and effective legal council and advocate for stronger laws and protection for the American Law Enforcement Officer.
The mission of The Wounded Blue is to:
- Provide trained and caring Peer Support to injured and disabled officers and their families
- Assist Law Enforcement Officers who are injured physically and psychologically to obtain the treatment and medical/financial benefits they are entitled to when they suffer line of duty injuries
- Provide financial assistance as needed on a temporary basis
- Advocate for stronger protections under state and federal law
- Provide emergency funds to injured officers when circumstances dictate the need
- Advocate for the positive public perception of law enforcement
Ray Dietrich, 20 year law enforcement vet and former Sheriff's Sergeant, gets real about today law enforcement (and just a bit of politics)
Connect with Ray & the Thin Blue Line Show, and our massive support police communities Here: