09:23:2019 The Power of The Word
09:20:2019 Think Big, Pray Big and Lead Big!!!
The Dangers of The Poverty Mindset
Poverty Mindset – 3 Signs You Are Being Held Back From God’s Best
Do You Have a Poverty Mindset? Is a poverty mindset holding you back? Have you been taught that money is evil? Rather than the truth, which is that the LOVE of money is evil? Money itself is just a measure of how much we are helping other people. How much value we are adding to the world.
I have struggled with that poverty mindset myself. I grew up believing rich people were bad people. And since I certainly didn’t want to become a bad person, even when I earned money–sometimes lots of it–I quickly gave it all away or lost it in unwise investments.
It took me many decades to discover the problem wasn’t “out there” somewhere. The problem was right between my ears. The enemy was my poverty mindset.
Why Is a Poverty Mindset So Destructive? A poverty mindset is incredibly destructive because it puts us in the role of helpless victim. It tempts us to sit back as spectators to our own destiny. We believe everything that happens to us is the result of outside forces. We have no control.
I see this among Christians all the time. The bible commands us to be diligent and wise and promises that those traits lead inevitably to a prosperous life. The opposite of diligence and wisdom is folly and the life of the sluggard. If you think God has good things to say about the foolish, unwise person, you might want to re-read the Book of Proverbs.
But instead of embracing the principles of Proverbs–of hard work, discipline, sowing and reaping–we embrace the poverty mindset, which says, “The mess I’m in isn’t my fault, so I’m powerless to change it. I’ll just sit here watching TV, surfing the internet and chit chatting with my peeps. God is in control, so I’m sure He’ll figure everything out eventually and make my life better.”
One of my pet peeves is the way people love to “throw God under the bus.” Hey, I’ve done it myself. I neglected His principles, then when life turned out badly, I fell back on, “Well, God is in control, so He must have wanted me to gain 30 pounds and lose a fortune in real estate.”
No, I gained 30 pounds by consuming more calories than I burned. I lost money in real estate because I was foolish.
Let’s keep God on His Throne, where He belongs, ruling a universe that is governed by principles that are clearly spelled out for us in His Word.
It’s time to take responsibility. It’s time to admit our lives are where our own choices have taken us. Time to break free from “poor, poor, pitiful me.”
3 Signs You Have A Poverty Mindset Clue #1: Blame
You blame the economy, you blame the government, you blame the stock market, you blame your employer (or your employees). If you’re in the direct sales industry, you blame your up-line or your down-line. You blame your parents. You blame your spouse, you blame your kids. You blame your genes. And the ever popular: it’s your thyroid’s fault.
It’s always something else or someone else. The problem is always anything or anyone else, but you. It’s not any of those things. It’s a Poverty Mindset. That’s what’s holding you back from God’s best.
Clue #2: Justify
Or you justify your situation by saying you don’t really care. You justify being broke by declaring yourself too spiritual for money. “Money isn’t important,” you say. But can you name one good thing that can be accomplished in this world without money? Not a single missionary can remain on the field without money. Not a single medical facility can operate without money. No church can keep it’s doors open without money. And the truth is, financial stress is the leading cause of divorce in America.
Stop justifying your lack of prosperity by declaring yourself too spiritual to abide by the clear principl
09:04:2018 Courage & Bravery
The bible calls us repeatedly to be courageous and strong and of good faith and to never fear anything but God's almighty power. So many have fallen prey to avoiding uncomfortable things and hiding from them or refusing to face their fears, concerns & problems head on with faith in Jesus Christ.
Courage is the mental strength to face danger, fear or difficulty.
Bravery is the quality that allows someone to do things that are dangerous or frightening. The main difference between courage and bravery is that bravery implies that there is real or physical danger whereas courage refers to a mental quality.
Bravery is the application of courage.
We are called to be courageous and brave in The Lord. David exemplified this in his challenging, conquering & killing of Goliath.
08:30:2019 Trump Derangement Syndrome-Making The Most of Your Time Because The
Hurricane Dorian is landing soon as Florida is preparing. Trump is doing a great job of preparing FEMA, 1ST responders and food & shelter resources.
Despite its rampant corruption, trump was prepared in Puerto Rico but liberals are claiming he didn’t care(based on a tweet about their corruption) because the people aren’t white.
The color trump cares most about is green$$$
Joe Biden gaffs-they’ve made a pattern of attacking trumps mental capacity and Biden is delusional. Makes it apparent why Obama wouldn’t support him.
Democrat’s have become filled with anger, vitriol and hatred towards trump and best they can do is Biden, Sanders & Warren?
Trump derangement syndrome-absolutely everything trump does or says is twisted, mis-construed & taken out of context but worse of all is how personal their lies and attacks have become. They despise our republic and capitalism and trump is the epitome of this system.
MSNBC or "MSDNC"'s Laurence O’Donnell told the biggest media lie in modern history this week on TV about a Deutsche Bank "source" who claimed that all of Trumps commercial loans were co-signed by Russian Oligarchs. O'Donnell claimed it was unverified and by the next night he came out and recanted this outrageous claim. These left wing propaganda outlets like CNN & MSNBC are forever spinning lie after lie, foolishly hoping for better ratings. The problem is that their ratings are dropping because of the outrageous lies, vitriol and skewed perspective in "reporting" although what they are doing is far from reporting. It is gossip. slander an liable spun as propaganda to destroy this country. So as their ratings dive, they think that an acceleration of more of the same will save them? Not likely.
The new socialist democratic Alynski inspired attacks are labelling everything Republicans say as racist or Nazi'esc.
Our time is our most value commodity-we can always make more money but we can’t make more time. We need to make the most of every opportunity.
We can be the miracle in other peoples lives:
[Eph 5:15-17 NASB] 15 Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise, 16 making the most of your time, because the days are evil. 17 So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
We need to use our time wisely. We need to set goals & make plans and live every moment to the fullest. The bible says “live a well spent life’.
08:28:2019 Faith & Healing & The Many Miracles of Jesus
There were many miracles associated with Jesus, including his birth and resurrection. Below is a partial list of miracles that Jesus performed during his ministry, as recorded in the New Testament of the Bible.
1. The virgin birth (See Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-38) In the Bible's New Testament, Jesus is the Messiah (the Christ) who was promised by the Bible's Old Testament prophets. Jesus is fully God and fully human. God allowed himself to be born as a person, to live among people and to teach people about God's plan of salvation and to die for our sins. Because Jesus also is human, he can be called the Son of God and the Son of Man. Jesus was born to a woman named Mary about 2,000 years ago in Bethlehem, Israel. Mary was a virgin when she became pregnant with Jesus. The miracle of the virgin birth of Jesus is recorded in the New Testament books of Matthew and Luke.
2. Changing water into wine (See John 2:1-11) Before Jesus began his public ministry, he performed a miracle of changing water into wine at a wedding banquet in the village of Cana, in Galilee, which is a region in the land of Israel. Jesus, his mother, Mary, and his disciples were guests at the wedding. The supply of wine ran out, and through the urging of his mother, Jesus had six water pots filled to the brim with water and the water was miraculously turned into wine. The master of the banquet then called the bridegroom over "and said, 'Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now' " (John 2:10, NIV). In the next verse, John the Apostle wrote: "What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him" (John 2:11, NIV).
3. Healing of the royal official's son (See John 4:46-54) A royal official, who had a sick son in Capernaum, heard that Jesus had traveled to the town of Cana. The official went to Cana and begged Jesus to go to Capernaum to heal the official's son, who was about to die. Jesus told the man that his son would live. The man believed Jesus and left Cana. While the man was returning to Capernaum, his servants met him on the way and told him that his son was alive and that the son's fever had gone away at 1 p.m. the day before. The man realized that that was the same time that Jesus had told him that his son would live.
4. Healing of the possessed man in Capernaum (See Mark 1:21-28; Luke 4:33-37) As Jesus was preaching in a synagogue in Capernaum, a man possessed by a demon was present and began shouting "Why are You bothering us, Jesus of Nazareth - have You come to destroy us demons? I know who You are - the Holy Son of God!" Jesus commanded the demon to say no more and to come out of the man. The evil spirit screamed and convulsed the man violently and left him. The news of this miracle spread quickly through the entire area of Galilee.
5. Healing of Peter's mother-in-law (See Matthew 8:14-15; Mark 1:29-31; Luke 4:38-39) After Jesus healed the possessed man in the synagogue in Capernaum, He and His disciples went over to Simon and Andrews home, where they found Simons mother-in-law sick in bed with a high fever. Jesus took her by the hand and helped her sit up, the fever suddenly left, and she got up and prepared dinner for them.
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SITE
Proof of the accuracy of Bible prophecy See how the Bible accurately predicted the history of the Holy Land, the future of the world, the fall of empires and the rise of a Messiah.
6. Healing the sick during the evening (See Matthew 8:16; Mark 1:32; Luke 4:40-41) After Jesus healed Peter's mother-in-law in Capernaum, Jesus healed many people during the evening of all kinds of illnesses. As explained in the Gospel of Luke: "At sunset, the people brought to Jesus all who had various kinds of sickness
Customer ReviewsSee All
Really enjoying this!
Found this podcast a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoy it. The host has a lot of knowledge and common sense. The Bible is used often in this podcast and God is glorified as well. Keep up the good work!