For patients who have run out of approved treatment options, hopes of fighting disease can feel diminished. Fortunately, through existing and new programs, patients have access to alternative drugs. Educating physicians more on the program availability can lead to an increase in options for patients and a more positive outlook to recovery.
Dr. Ajeet Gajra, Chief Medical Officer at Cardinal Health Specialty Solutions, joins the show to discuss experimental oncology drug use through the Expanded Access Program & the Right To Try Law.
Here are the show highlights:
- Expanded Access Program vs. The Right To Try Law
- Hesitancy & Barriers to Use Programs
- First Steps & How To Stay Up-To-Date on Programs
- Tips for Office Staff w/ These Programs
- Success & Future Use of Drugs
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Dr. Gajra’s LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ajeet-gajra-md-mbbs-facp-77059748/
- Dr. Gajra’s Research (https://ascopubs.org/doi/full/10.1200/OP.20.00569)
- Cardinal Health (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/en.html)
To hear more interviews like this one, subscribe to the Working In Oncology Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your preferred podcast platform.