Trevor is joined by Dr. Vihang Vahia, a psychiatrist in Mumbai, India, and founder of the N.S Vahia Foundation. Vihang discusses mental health and psychiatry in India and the stigma that exists in the country.
Vihang also discusses the collaboration between McLean and the N.S Vahia Foundation as well as his future hopes for the partnership.
– Vihang discusses his mother’s recent passing (01:52)
– According to Vihang, work is the best way to combat grief (03:18)
– Vihang shares that moving around and meeting new people makes him happy (05:07)
Read the episode transcript: mclean.link/7h3
– McLean Hospital and the N.S. Vahia Foundation: mclean.link/wl3
– Dr. N.S. Vahia Foundation: mclean.link/37b
– Deconstructing Stigma in Mumbai: mclean.link/yw2
- - -
The McLean Hospital podcast Mindful Things is intended to provide general information and to help listeners learn about mental health, educational opportunities and research initiatives. This podcast is not an attempt to practice medicine or to provide specific medical advice.
© 2019 McLean Hospital. All Rights Reserved.