History was made in more ways than one when the new administration officially moved into the White House in January. With the election of Joe Biden as president, the U.S. welcomed its first woman and first woman of color to the second-highest office in the nation.
On the final episode of Insider Insights: 100 Days of Biden, we talk about Vice President Kamala Harris and her role going forward as not just VP but the deciding vote in a Senate split 50/50. Host Lloyd Freeman, Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer at Buchanan, talks with returning guest Liz Westbrook, Senior Advisor in Buchanan's Federal Government Relations practice in Washington, D.C., about Harris and what her priorities will be in the years ahead.
In this episode, Lloyd and Liz cover:
- The biggest impacts Vice President Harris has already made in her first three months
- What her role as the tie-breaking vote in the split Senate means for Democrats’ ability to pass legislation over the next two years at least
- The powers of budget reconciliation and how the Vice President has an outsized role in that
- The biggest differences between the President and Vice President
- What responsibilities Vice President Harris may have in shaping immigration legislation and other priorities
- The unique role of a young Vice President alongside the oldest person ever elected President
- The Vice President’s chances of being at the top of the Democratic ticket in 2024
For info on Buchanan’s capabilities in Federal Government Relations, visit: https://www.bipc.com/government-relations-and-public-policy.
To read more about Liz Westbrook, visit: https://www.bipc.com/elizabeth-westbrook.
To read more about Lloyd Freeman, visit: https://www.bipc.com/lloyd-freeman.
To listen to Lloyd's podcast, Dimensions of Diversity, visit: https://anchor.fm/dimensions-of-diversity.
Top Podcasts In Government