Leslie Lindsey Davis lost 100 pounds. And she did it by putting a stake in the ground and deciding to become healthy in three ways: Physically, Emotionally, and Mentally. In today's episode she shares ways for all of us to fuel our journey to lose weight by filling the the self-sized hole that we may have in our lives.
1. A lot of times when we are starting a journey to discover or better ourselves, we find that there is a self-sized hole in our hearts that we are desperate to fill with food or some other vice.
2. It’s usually pretty apparent to yourself when you are unhealthy, but you may not be sure about how to go about getting healthy - mentally, physically and emotionally. You just have to start small in each of these areas.
3. Put your stake in the ground - know that you NEED to change and then control what you can control.
4. The brain likes hits of endorphins, good or bad, so pay yourself with good words and behaviors. Be aware of what you are saying to yourself and make it good, instead of bad.
5. There aren’t any bad choices. There are not so good choices, good choices, and great choices.
6. There are no CHEAT days or CHEAT meals. Think about the words you are saying because they have deep meaning on how we think. You can only cheat on taxes, test, and on your spouse. Everything else is a choice.
7. Little lies we tell ourselves: If you eat a broken cookie there are no calories. If you eat off someone else's plate it doesn’t count. The thing you realize is that the only person you are lying to is yourself. The outside world can see the evidence of you lie.
8. When you begin the journey of finding yourself pack your bag with things that will help you. Create a relationship with yourself though journaling because when you can see the words on paper and can reread them, you can do something with it.
9. When you having a bad day and want to sabotage your journey, stop and ask yourself what is really going on.
10. Take progress photos of yourself on the journey - because our brains are trained to keep a picture of us and what we looked like at the beginning. Throughout these progress photos, not only will you see progress in your health, but in your mental and emotional lightness as well.
11. Get rid of clothes that don’t fit anymore. Don’t hang onto them because they mentally give you permission to go backward. Those clothes are reminder of who you used to be. They don’t serve you anymore.
12. A journey is a ME thing, not a WE thing. But you need a team - A person that will support you no matter what and be non-judgmental. And then find someone who can help you with your exercise and fitness.
13. Learn to be inefficient - for example, when loading in your groceries, take only two bags at a time and make more trips. Meet yourself where you are.
If you are interested in learning more about Leslie and her journey, visit her website at: https://youcanteatlove.com/
You Can't Eat Love at Amazon: https://amzn.to/3FpVrYl
You Can't Eat Love Workbook at Amazon: https://amzn.to/3qJN0RJ
Please SHARE this episode and RATE and REVIEW - All are ways to get this encouragement to as many as possible.
To find me, head to my website: https://llmcshane.com or follow me on Instagram http://www.instagram.com/lesleylmcshane or join my Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thenewoldyou/
Sending love, peace, and good vibes to all of you for an amazing 2022. Happy New Year!