1. The inspiring pep talk Bozoma gives herself in the mirror – and why we might all want to start using it to rally ourselves.
2. How to navigate the tightrope of corporate expectations for women: to be both self-assured and humble; both hard and soft.
3. The revolutionary realization that you don’t have to be the savior of others – you can save yourself, too.
4. How to know when to dig deep, and stay and fight for change – and when to stop digging and go – and the moment Bozoma knew it was time to leave Netflix.
5. Why our inability to forgive ourselves for wrong decisions keep us in bad situations – and how Boz’s “it’s not you, it’s me” philosophy can guide us out.
Bozoma Saint John is a Hall of Fame inducted Marketing Executive, author, entrepreneur, and general badass. Boz has led Global Consumer Marketing at Apple Music & iTunes; she was Chief Brand Officer at Uber; and Global Chief Marketing Officer at Netflix. Boz is currently named #1 Most Influential CMO in the world by Forbes, and has been named one of Billboard’s Most Powerful Women in Music for 10 consecutive years.
In 2021, Harvard Business School published a multi-media case study on her career, titled “Leading with Authenticity and Urgency”; through which she developed and taught a program at the University aptly named “The Anatomy of a Badass.” Boz was named as an Ambassador for the African Diaspora and Special Envoy to the President of Ghana. In the Spring of 2023, Penguin Books will publish her memoir, “The Urgent Life.” Boz counts her highest achievement as being a mother to her 12 year old daughter, Lael.
To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices