When it comes to recovering from an eating disorder change is inevitable, but also SO frightening many people stop halfway. As a registered dietitian and National Coordinator for Educational Outreach for Castlewood Treatment Centers, Tammy Beasley, RDN, CEDRD loves to take away the surprise factor from her clients so they don't stop the moment discomfort sets in. In this show, Tammy combines creative analogies with her personal and clinical experience to uncover essential truths about what is going on physiologically and psychologically in the early stages of recovery from food restriction.
What You'll Learn:
• The role of shame in perpetuating an eating disorder
• Creative analogies to understand the physiology of starvation and refeeding
• How long it takes for your brain to heal after prolonged restriction
• Why intuitive eating is not recommended in the early stages of recovery
• Facing fear foods and much more...
Support The Recovery Warrior Show on Patreon!