Ask Kati Anything podcast episode 91
Today's guest is Jason Thompson a a certified EMT-P and trained in TMS for Brainsway and Nuerostar. Since 2004, he has working in a variety of healthcare settings such as an EMT and Director of Neuromodulation in Texas Jason Thompson brings his passion for healing and educating to his role as Director of Deep TMS and Hyperbaric Services at All Points North Lodge. He loves educating and treating clients with newer technologies and guiding them through the healing process with a holistic approach.
Addiction & Mental Health Treatment: If you are looking for an in-person treatment center that provides expert help with addiction recovery and mental health, All Points North Lodge is a great option. All Points North Lodge offers evidence-based and holistic treatment in the Colorado mountains. Chat with a member of their team at www.apnlodge.com/kati or call (218) 306-8214
1) Hi Kati, my therapist recommended that I try a brainwave treatment for my depression/ anxiety. She said in most cases it really helps. I would love to hear more about it and the pros and cons :) Thank you!
2) Can you talk more about TMS? Is it meant to complement traditional talk therapy or can it be done on its own? Where I live, only 1 private clinic provides this treatment option so it feels risky (since it's not used by many) and I'm not sure if the price is justified. When should I consider this alternative (trauma/dissociation)? Thank you so much
3) I am very interested in understanding more about the benefits of trauma yoga. I have also heard that singing can have similar benefits. Why is this? I have C-PTSD and I'll do anything to improve my situation (which is very very very bad at the moment). Could you discuss this more?
4) Hi Kati! How do you know if you still need therapy or if you’re just overly attached to your therapist? I know you’ve talked about this before but I’m still confused! I love my therapist and we’ve done amazing ...
5) How do I get over the fear of opening up to my therapist about things I’m not sure are actually traumatic? I feel like I’ve built up this anticipation to my therapist about things I’m “not ready to talk about yet” and the longer the wait, the more anxious I...
6) Hey Kati and guest! When do I know if something that happened really was a "trauma" ? When I grew up I was (and still am) around this guy who trains horses and he is alot older than me (I was 14 at the time and he was 60). He was a real...
Are u ok? http://bit.ly/2s0mULy
I do not currently offer online therapy. My sponsor BetterHelp can connect you with a licensed, online counselor, please visit: https://betterhelp.com/kati
Help support the creation of mental health content?
Opinions That Don't Matter! (my afterhours podcast)
Linnea Toney firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/katimorton)
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/askkatianything/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/askkatianything/support