I am thrilled to welcome our guest for today, Peter Bregman who is ranked as a Top 30 thought leader by Thinkers 50 Radar and selected as one of the Top 8 thought leaders in leadership. He is ranked by Global Guru as one of the top 30 best Coaches in the world and one of the top 30 best leadership speakers and trainers in the world. He is also the award-winning, best-selling author and contributor of 18 books, including most recently, Leading with Emotional Courage: How to Have Hard Conversations, Create Accountability, and Inspire Action on Your Most Important Work.. His book, 18 Minutes: Find Your Focus, Master Distraction, and Get the Right Things Done, was a Wall Street Journal bestseller, winner of the Gold medal from the Axiom Business Book awards, named the best business book of the year by NPR, and selected by Publisher’s Weekly and the New York Post as a top ten business book. He is also the author of Four Seconds: All the Time You Need to Replace Counter-Productive Habits with Ones That Really Work, a New York Post “Top Pick for Your Career” in 2015, and Point B: A Short Guide to Leading a Big Change.
Peter created and currently leads the #1 Leadership Development Program in the world, a four-day program that transforms the way people lead by increasing their confidence in themselves, their ability to connect with others, their commitment to what’s most important, and their emotional courage.
Last but not the least, He is the host of the top 10 Business Podcast, Bregman Leadership Podcast, with over 1.5M downloads. Peter is also a regular contributor to the Harvard Business Review, and his articles and commentary appear frequently in BusinessWeek, Fast Company, Psychology Today, Forbes, PBS, ABC, CNN, NPR, and FOX Business News.
Peter and I talked about business, leadership, and life and he had so much to share with us given his fresh perspective! Join us as he unravels his work methodology, coaching style, and how his business keeps on evolving. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!
● Peter Finds His Purpose Through an Accidental Discovery [3:07]
● The Foundation for His First Book [6:51]
● What It’s Like to Be Coached by Peter [12:48]
● The Right Question Leading to Change [22:06]
● Knowing What Matters in Life and Work [27:02]
● Peter’s Thoughts on Reading Books [32:26]
● Beginning to Understand the Soul [35:25]
● Building Up Your Emotional Courage [41:30]
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● I believe anyone can be a leader in today’s world that’s why I’ve created a short, user-friendly book called Redefining the Top 1 Percent. Get your FREE copy by joining our Facebook Group here. Not only are you getting a free copy of my book, you’ll also get lots of FREE training and resources on a weekly basis.
● Visit bregmanpartners.com to find out more about Peter’s leadership program and books. They have a ton of resources you can check out including the Bregman Leadership Podcast.
● Connect with Peter:
“I think my career has been incredibly unstrategic and not very well thought out ahead of time though it makes a tremendous amount of sense in retrospect which I think is very healthy.”
“The beautiful thing about running your own company is when I’m bored I get to change it.”
“Most of my writing happens when I’m trying to figure something out and the writing helps me figure it out. And that’s much more exciting writing for me.”
“In some ways, my life’s work is to understand how to help people close the gap between what they know and what th