Dan McMurtrie (@supermugatu), founder of Tyro Partners, joins Erik on this episode.
- The similarities and differences between hedge funds and venture capital.
- Why “you’re usually competing against yourself” in liquid markets.
- His thoughts on the crypto gold rush in 2016-2017.
- What venture capitalists need to know about short-selling.
- His view of trends in healthcare, housing, and education, and the political implications of those trends.
- Why he’s deeply concerned about the 2024/2028 election cycle.
- How to evaluate management and how to think about leadership styles.
- How to think about risk management when investing.
- His writing on online dating and the future of relationships.
- His thoughts on comedy and why it’s such a powerful medium.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.