Samantha Boardman, M.D.: “Hobbies are the purest form of love.”
Boardman, a positive psychiatrist, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss her top tips to manage stress, plus:
- What to do if you feel bored in your relationship
- Why you can have daily interactions with others and still feel lonely
- How to feel “less like a tumbleweed” in everyday life
- Why social comparison isn't always a bad thing
- How to actually unlock meaningful conversations
Referenced in the episode:
- Boardman's book, Everyday Vitality.
- A study showing view through a window may influence recovery from surgery.
- A Harvard Business School study showing the answer to workplace burnout is learning a new activity.
- mbg Podcast episode #298, with Dan Buettner.
- Research from Ellen Langer, Ph.D., on mindfulness and marital satisfaction.
- The fruit loop experiment.
- More information about the science behind WOOP goals.
- Jonathan Haidt's op-ed on "The Smartphone Trap."
Enjoy this episode sponsored by smartwater! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices