Rigorously, playfully, interrogating ideas with guest artists who work through dance, choreography, composition, performance, music and more!
Est. 2013. Please hit the subscribe button below!
Trà Mi Dinh
"choosing what can help"Tra Mi Dinh
Trà Mi is a Green Room Award nominated dance artist based between Melbourne and Sydney. In June 2019 Trà Mi began working on a solo project ‘Holding’, initially supported by Tasdance’s TRIP program, we cover:
* dancing* improvisation* legacy and cultural inheritance* points* becoming 'a boss'* incense* being vietnamese* connection to culture* irish dancing* upcoming development - Holding* the aesthetics of overwhelm* decision making on stage* seeking sense through sensation* dancing is so human
* Zachery Lopez* Victoria Chiu* Melanie Lane* Branch Nebula - Lee Wilson* Fully Automated Human Touch* Pina Bausch* Miranda Wheen* Joshua Thomson - Blokes Project
* Vimeo* TasDance residency* Instagram* Sydney Fringe
"it's hard to be a beginner when you already have skills in another dance style"Jess Goodfellow
Jess Goodfellow started her training at Newtown High School of the Performing arts, she trained in RAD ballet and performed as a soloist in the 2014 NSW Schools Spectacular. In the same year she was awarded first in the state of NSW for HSC Dance. In 2015, Jess joined Sydney Dance Company’s Pre Professional year, in which she understudied for the company and trained under many local and international choreographers. In 2016, she joined the junior Contemporary dance company IT DANSA in Barcelona, where she performed for two years, with the repertory of Ohad Naharin, Alexander Ekman, Jyri Kylian, Nacho Duato, Akram Khan, and Sidi Larbi. She has since worked as a freelance artist in Sydney with Sydney Experimental Arts Ensemble, Omer Backley-Astrachan, and Callum Mooney in their own show, Jeppee Peppee at the Flying Nun by Brand X we cover:
* house dancing* aesthetic* having no anchor* auditioning* being confronted by who you're becoming* spain* quitting* taking the piss* humour
* vimeo - https://vimeo.com/306670839* dancing for other - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC39BpqxL3E* instagram - https://www.instagram.com/gotchakeith/?hl=en
"to ask those big questions... And to be a little bit more empathetic, forgiving and curious!"Jess Ong
Jess Ong is a story producer at SPUN Stories, a local storytelling night in Darwin, and the host of their podcast. She also works as a Communications Manager in the private sector and moonlights in the world of freelance. We speak about:
* Not being an "artist"* Living in Darwin* Stories and people* Making work * The importance of context* Spun - https://www.spunstories.net/* Imposter syndrome
* meat - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt8CCd2lNp-9C1vJ1Mu1u8tbyfpVHVy86enj700/?hl=en* https://www.johannabell.com/projects* https://www.facebook.com/listeningparties/* Story Projects - https://www.storyprojects.com.au/
* https://www.facebook.com/omgjmco* twitter - https://twitter.com/jess__ong* instagram - https://www.instagram.com/omgjong* https://twitter.com/spunstories* https://www.spunstories.net/* https://www.abc.net.au/radio/people/jess-ong/9328178* https://www.ntwriters.com.au/* https://www.offtheleash.net.au/features/around-town/2019/08/atmos
View this post on Instagram A post shared by Katy Moir (@_katymoir_) on Jun 23, 2020 at 12:48am PDT
"I keep suggesting that we should stop building things"Katy Moir
Katy Moir is a Darwin based Artitect (architecture + art). We discuss her upcoming exhibition "A Hypothetical Darwin" amongst other things. We spoke at Untitled Gallery where the exhibition will take place.
* upcoming show - A Hypothetical Darwin https://www.darwinfestival.org.au/events/a-hypothetical-darwin/* Problems and solutions* being just 1 member of a timeline of people buildling a body of work* archives* residencies* crits* architecture and it's approach* pluralism within maps* the agender and lens of map makers
* Bunji - http://www.drbilldayanthropologist.com/resources/StewartHarrisForeword.pdf
* https://www.spunstories.net/katy-moir* articles by katy - https://indaily.com.au/contributors/katy-moir/* off the leash - https://www.offtheleash.net.au/features/around-town/2017/07/talking-through-walls* twitter - https://twitter.com/katymoir?lang=en* instagram - https://www.instagram.com/_katymoir_/* facebook - https://www.facebook.com/katy.moir.14
* Lisa Burnett - https://au.linkedin.com/in/lisa-burnett-195246133* Amina McConvell - http://aminamcconvell.blogspot.com/* Dr Bill Day http://www.drbilldayanthropologist.com/* Kulaluk peoples http://www.drbilldayanthropologist.com/kulaluk-timeline.php
Charmene Yap and Cass Mortimer Eipper
View this post on Instagram @masonmkelly channeling a compressed spectacle... One day my friends.. A post shared by Cass Mortimer Eipper (@cmeipper) on Apr 17, 2020 at 7:18pm PDT
"we follow our instincts and continue to communicate with one another"Cass Mortimer Eipper
Charmene Yap is a multi-award winning dancer, rehearsal director and choreographer. Cass Mortimer Eipper is an award winning director/choreographer/dancer. Together they are creating a work called "Grey Rhino".
* Grey Rhino - obvious dangers that are often ignored anyway.* process* self funding seed developments* instinct* collaboration* intuition and critique* abstraction, metaphor, hyper-objects
* https://www.thegrayrhino.com/* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Wucker* https://money.cnn.com/2017/07/17/investing/china-stocks-gray-rhino-crackdown/index.html* https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-is-a-gray-rhino-and-why-are-they-so-dangerous-to-investors-5-questions-for-michele-wucker-2019-01-23* Sydney Morning Herald interview - https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/dance/dancers-devise-new-works-20141028-11azq2.html* Charmene Yap - Sydney Dance Company bio - https://www.sydneydancecompany.com/people/charmene-yap/* Cass Mortimer Eipper website- https://www.cmeipper.com/a-b-o-u-t
View this post on Instagram Devastated to not be creating this week with the very special: @_samhines_ @codylavery , the rest of our amazing dancing demons and co-creator @charmeneyap One day we can re-enter a non digital space together... Music - Puccini: Turandot / Act 1 - "Non piangere Liù" by Luciano Pavarotti, London Philharmonic Orchestra, Zubin Mehta... ARTÍSTIC use only. Please don’t take me to court Instagram. A post shared by a href="https://www.instagram.com/cmeipper/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign=loading" style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal...
"To be bound by discipline and tradition, personally I feel like, is to be complicit critically."Nithya Nagarajan
Nithya Nagarajan is an interdisciplinary performance maker, creative producer and cultural researcher. Having a background in Indian neo-classical dance and allied movement traditions, her live art works embody a decolonised feminism and are characterised by a strong physical vocabulary, we cover;
* Sacred Grooves for Secular Spaces - https://vimeo.com/401842189* Movement as a system of enquiry * Collaborators* Subcontinent / South Asia/ns* Religion* Hindu and Sufi practises* Representation* Patriarchy* Australian Islamic centre - Newport
* NIDA bio - https://www.corporate.nida.edu.au/Nithya-Nagarajan* LinkedIN - https://au.linkedin.com/in/nithyanagarajan89* Footscray Community Arts - https://footscrayarts.com/profile/nithya-nagarajan/* Peril - https://peril.com.au/author/nithya-nagarajan/* Wheeler Centre - https://www.wheelercentre.com/people/nithya-nagarajan* Panel discussion - https://www.wheelercentre.com/events/one-infinity* Being a Curator of Colour - https://performing.artshub.com.au/news-article/opinions-and-analysis/performing-arts/nithya-nagarajan/being-a-curator-of-colour-257730* Vimeo - https://vimeo.com/user111123069
Arts Talk at its best
Matt Cornell achieves something rare in the arts world -- real conversations with professional artists that demystifies the creative process, opening it up to a broader audience. Great Australian podcast that focuses on real-world intersections of arts, politics and arts funding issues around the world. Essential.
Curious and Inviting
Hearing about other artist's process inspires my craft in a number of ways. Wombat Radio explores multiple facets of a creative that introduces someone who was once a stranger into a professional whose work I would later refer to. I would recommend to any of my friends!