World of Wellness is an online health and wellness community that incorporates all aspects of health in order to help you GET FIT. FEEL GOOD. & HAVE FUN. World of Wellness is your one stop shop for education and inspiration to build a healthy, sustainable, holistic lifestyle. Your host is Holistic Lifestyle Coach, Exercise Physiologist, and CAFS Practitioner, Megan Wren.
#74: The Polyvagal Theory with Expert Dee Wagner
In this episode we interview Polyvagal Theory expert Dee Wagner!
Dee Wagner is a performer, dance movement therapist, and the Originator of Chi for Two®!
In this episode, we talk:
- What is the Polyvagal Theory
- Anatomical explanation of the vagus nerve and your nervous system
- What is Chi for Two®
- How to connect with yourself, and tune into and improve your sense of self so you can better connect with others
- Why feeling safe is so important
- How our development influences our behavior as adults
- and more!!
Watch the video version of the podcast:
Learn More about Dee Wager and Chi for Two®:
#73: Enhance Your Body Brain Connection with Special Guest Joshua Gillis
Joshua Gillis is a therapist working in the field of neural functionality. Joshua is currently traveling the United States sharing his knowledge and passion for how we can hack our nervous system to help improve cognitive function, improve your emotional state, and reach your fullest potential!
In this episode, we will talk about
- the evolution of the nervous system
- Who can benefit from neuro-functional training and why
- How Joshua got into neuro-functional training
- How early stages of development can affect our nervous system
- Why regulating the nervous system is important
- The role stress plays on our nervous system
- and much more!
Watch the video version of this podcast:
Learn more about Joshua and Neuro-Func:
#71: Pursuing Your Dreams with Special Guest Adam Verdon
The thought of pursuing something that has been a dream of yours for years can be quite scary. There are many thoughts that may go through our head of "what if I fail?" or "what if I am not good enough?"
Well friends, I am here to tell you that there is hope! This week on the World of Wellness Podcast please welcome our special guest, Comedian Adam Verdon.
In his day job, Adam is an attorney working in the public sector. In his off hours however, he has begun making a name for himself performing stand-up comedy in the Los Angeles and Orange County area, and appearing at popular mainstays like the Comedy Store and the Hollywood Improv. Pursuing comedy has been a longtime dream of his, and Adam talks about his process for confronting fear/self-doubt, and the ways in which he stayed motivated to get on stage the first time.
Please join us for a fun, uplifting, inspirational podcast about achieving your dreams at any age!!
Watch the podcast:
Watch Adam Verdon Perform Live Show Dates Below:
Adam's Instagram: @adamverdon
#70: Is Your Nervous System Healthy?
In this episode of the World of Wellness Podcast you will learn:
- What the nervous system is
- The different parts of the nervous system
- Why it's important to train the nervous system and what that actually means
- What a dysfunctional nervous system looks like (symptoms)
- What causes a dysfunctional nervous system
- How to bring the nervous system into harmony
View the video version of the podcast:
Reserve your spot for the Master Your Energy - Wellness Experience September 17th in Capistrano Beach, CA:
#69: Music and Movement
Music and movement go and and hand and you cannot have sound without movement!
Get tickets to the Wellness Experience on September 17th here --->
In this episode of the World of Wellness Podcast, we dive into:
Why humans like music so much
How rhythm exists within our bodies
Why rhythm is important for our survival
How sound is associated with movement
How music, sound, and movement benefits our health!
Watch the video version of the podcast:
#68: The Power of Your Breath
The breath is an incredibly powerful tool that we can use to influence our energy levels. Wether you need a pick me up or a "cool me down", you can do that ALL with your breath.
In this episode we discuss:
1) The role of oxygen in the body
2) How oxygen creates energy
3) Wim Hof and the Wim Hof Method
4) How the Wim Hof Method gives you more energy
5) Breathing techniques to get you into a calmer state for sleep and relaxation
1) Watch Megan's favorite Wim Hof Documentary:
2) Breathing Technique for Sleep: ---> https://youtu.be/xOjvVehhPWM
3) Breathing Technique for Relaxation ---> https://youtu.be/Dj7KRhPFhc8
4) Guided Overbreathing with Megan ---> https://youtu.be/_PHMlc1G0co
Love the cold submersion when hot episode!