Michael Hutchinson has been studying the breath in the KYM tradition for over 4 decades both experientially and scientifically. He has recently written a new book called Breath for Health, using the main tenants of the teachings from TKV Desikachar, to express how to breathe simply and effectively. Amy interviews Michael and discovers that he offers a rare glimpse into how we can use breath for as little as 10-minutes per day and it will change our lives. Michael knows this because he has felt the impact of simple breath techniques within himself for decades, taught others and observed how different breathing techniques impact the human system, and read the research on respiratory physiology. In the end, he shows us how the simple breathing techniques taught be Desikachar are shown to be effective for health, healing and beyond.
· Michael is a thoughtful and introspective human being that thinks, feels and speaks with subtle awareness and clarity
· Michael defines what optimal breathing looks like and feels like
· Michael shows how he uses techniques such as bhavana (thinking- feeling and imagining) to help people breath more comfortably and efficiently
· He talks about how we can use breath to create more space in our mind and heart
· He explains how even a short breathing practice every day can change the trajectory of one’s life
· He discusses how the unconscious observation of breathing patterns within families can be transferred from parent to child
· Yoga Sutra 2.34 and the importance of ahimsa or non-violence
If you would like to receive the free infographics and handouts that correspond to each episode on the Yoga Therapy Hour Podcast, please subscribe to our segmented email list. You will have the opportunity to determine the Infographic Topics that you would like to receive. When The Yoga Therapy Hour Podcast has a topic that corresponds to your choices, then you will receive an email for that week with the PDF’s for download.
Topics you can choose from include:
Yoga Therapy & Mental Health
Yoga Therapy & Physical Health
Social Justice in yoga & Yoga Therapy
Yoga & Indian Philosophy
Global & Trending Yoga Therapy Topics
Click the link below to subscribe. It takes 10 seconds total.
Check out Amy's website
Visit Amy’s training section on her website to check out the courses below
Yoga therapy training courses
Contact with Michael Hutchinson: