You Don't Need Permission is a podcast about building community, organizing, and creating the kind of world you want to live in, because you don't need permission to build a better world. Each episode we'll talk to activists and organizers about what they're doing to build a better future, and giving advice for folks just joining the movement.New episodes every other week.
First Steps with Liz and Amy of Rebel Steps Podcast
- In this episode, Liz and Amy of the excellent podcast Rebel Steps describe some of the early lessons they had in the power of working together, as well as developing tactics and strategies, and share some inspiring stories along the way. Check out Rebel Steps at rebelsteps.com -
- Theme song is "You Can (Mass Trespass 1932)" by Chumbawamba, used by permission -
- You Don't Need Permission is happy to be a member of the Channel Zero Network of podcasts. Check out Coffee With Comrades and all of CZN's shows at channelzeronetwork.com
Episode 17 - Capitalism Can Not Be Reformed - Econ 101 w/ Franz of Doomer V Bloomer
- Why is there a need for revolutionary change? Can't capitalism simply be reined in by governments? Turns out the answer is no, actually. Joshua talks with Franz of the podcast Doomer V Bloomer about why reform is impossible and revolution is the only way. -
- For a more in-depth analysis on how buisness interests manipulate public policy, check out Srsly Wrong's episode Business Confidence and Capital Strikes: https://srslywrong.com/podcast/231-business-confidence-capital-strikes-w-michael-schwartz-and-kevin-a-young/ -
- You Don't Need Permission is now proud to be a member of the Channel Zero Podcast Network. https://channelzeronetwork.com/ -
- Theme music is "You Can (Mass Trespass 1932)" by Chumbawamba, used (ironically) by permission.
Episode 16 - Mason and Jewan
-In this episode, Joshua interviews Kara and Jewan, cofounders of Eastside Mutual Aid in Detroit, Michigan. More on Eastside Mutual Aid: linktr.ee/ESmutualaid. -
- You Don't Need Permission is back with more episodes every other Tuesday! -
- YDNP is thrilled to announce it is now a part of the Channel Zero Network of podcasts. Find other radical podcasts, including Rustbelt Abolition Radio at channelzeronetwork.com. -
- As always, theme music is "You Can (Mass Trespass 1932)" by Chumbawamba, used, ironically, by permission.
Episode 15 - Danielle Kirk: What People Don't Get About Appalachia
In this episode, Danielle Kirk (@daniellekirk731) talks about what we get wrong when we talk and think about Appalachia.
- - Programming note! This is the last episode before we go on break until May. However, it's a great episode to go out on. I'll be periodically uploading mini-episodes and some reruns, but no new interviews until May.
- - As always, theme music is "You Can (Mass Trespass 1932)" by Chumbawamba
Episode 14 - Guava and O.M. of the SRA
In this episode Joshua talks to Guava and O.M., two members of the Northeast Ohio chapter of the Socialist Rifle Association about mutual aid and gun safety training. Great for anyone who isn't sure how to respond to the events of January 6, but doesn't want to feel powerless.
Episode 13 - KAR - Talk to Your Community (Back from Break!)
Hello! We are back from break with a fantastic interview!
KAR is a youtuber (find his channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcREQ316L289SpYXW5LB2jg) who makes videos about anarchism, radical politics, and current events. He sat down and talked to me about a number of topics (this isn't even the whole conversation) most importantly, I think, about reaching people where they're at, tailoring the message, and the importance of talking to folks in your community.
As always, the theme music is "You Can (Mass Trespass 1932)" by Chumbawamba used, ironically, with permission.