Jessica Tye is a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner specializing in helping people achieve positive results through education and advising clients about food. Jessica is from Cincinnati, Ohio and has been happily married to her husband Derek since 1996. Her passion for health and living the best life possible has led her to the area of nutritional coaching. She has five children and is continuing to build strong relationships with clients throughout the country....
Episode 113: Answering Listener Questions: What to do when you have reached your goal and MORE!
Episode 112: Back to Basics - Finding YOUR keto plan and how to make this new lifestyle work for YOU!
To check out the YouTube version go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XPsjC087TU
Thank you as always for listening!
Episode 111: Keto Snacking - Should you, Can you & What are Good Keto Snacks to Enjoy if You Decide to?
Thanks for listening! Jessica
Episode 110: Best Ways to Boost Immunity and Naturally Fight Invaders like COVID-19 - Keep your Immune System Strong with Nutrition & Lifestyle!
Follow this link for the study I reference about sugar suppressing your immune function: https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-abstract/26/11/1180/4732762
This week I talk about my favorite ways to boost immunity and they include:
Vitamins A, D & C
Zinc and Magnesium
Good Sleep Hygiene & Great Stress Management practices
I hope you enjoyed this week's podcast episode and can implement some of these immune boosting nutrients and changing in lifestyle!
Stay well, Stay safe, Stay healthy.
Episode 109: 7 Keys to Optimizing Your Keto Lifestyle in the face of COVID 19 for Your Best Health Now!
7 KEYS TO OPTIMIZING YOUR KETO LIFESTYLE with Jessica Tye, NTP
1. Digestion is the FOUNDATION of health. If digestion is off you will not be able to heal, lose weight, balance hormones, sleep well, manage stress, etc. If the Nutri-Q tells you that you have digestion needs we have to start there first.
2. Drink HALF your body weight in water every single day – just water – you may add a squeeze of lemon or lime if you would like. If you drink diuretics like tea or coffee then you need to add that amount to your total water intake to make up for the diuretic effects. When you begin drinking the right amount of water for your body so many things can begin to resolve related to your health and weight.
3. Cut out ALL processed foods (snacks, pastas, breads, cereals, etc.) and sugars (agave, table sugar, coconut sugar, etc).
4. Be careful of including the following in your diet on any type of regular basis (I think all of these should be avoided completely by most everyone as they are the most reactive foods that I see across the board clinically): Soy, Corn, Sugar, Wheat (gluten) and Dairy (mostly in the form of milk – hard cheeses, butter, ghee and sometimes heavy cream can be okay for some people).
5. Eat 1-3 meals per day and do NOT snack. Snacking between meals keep your blood glucose high which will keep insulin elevated. Insulin is the “fat storage” hormone. It turns unused/unneeded ener- gy from food we are eating into fat and stores in on our bodies. To avoid this eat only when you are hungry and make that a MEAL.
6. Your meals should be nutrient dense whole foods containing higher healthy fats, moderate protein and low carbohydrates. Generally keeping your ratios to about 70-80% fat, 20-30% protein and 5-10% (or less) carbohydrates is what I recommend. Your carbs should come mostly in the form of green or cruciferous veggies and occasional fruit or root veggies. Track what you are eating on an app like My Fitness Pal or Carb Manager for a while to get an idea of how many of each macro you are eating.
By knowing what the ratios are you can play with them a bit based on how you are feeling and how your body is reacting. This will also help give me an idea of how to help you if you are able to share with me exactly what you are eating each day. DO NOT pay attention to the amount of calories these apps tell you to eat – they are always WAY low!
7. Know you BMR! This is the amount of calories that your body needs every day just to do your daily tasks and function your organs. If you eat less than what your body needs everyday you will lower your metabolic rate and your body will not only store body fat, but it will not let go of what you have regardless of how little you eat. Repeat after me; “Eating less will NOT help me weigh less. Eating nutrient dense food until I am satiated will give my body the signal that I have plenty and we do not need to hold onto extra stores of energy (body fat). I will NOT restrict calories and instead will work hard to give my body what it needs every day so that I can feel and look my best!”
To learn your BMR follow these instructions:
BMR/RMR – energy required to maintain body systems and control body temperature at rest (Harris-Benedict Equation) Males: BMR = 66.5 + (13.75 x weight/kg) + (5.0 x height/cm) – (6.76 x age/years)
Females: BMR = 655.1 + (9.56 x weight/kg) + (1.85 x height/cm) – (4.68 x age/years) Ex: 18 year old female weighs 55kg and is 175 cm tall
655.1+(525.8)+(323.75)-(84.24)=1420.41 (1420 calories)
Or follow the link below to:
But THEN you need to figure out your TER based on PALS...
(Total Energy Requirement) (Physical Activity Levels)
Little to no exercise: TER = BMR × 1.2 Light exercise (1–3 days per week): TER = BMR × 1.375 Moderate exercise (3–5 days per week): TER = BMR × 1.55
Episode 108: How Low Carb and Keto Lifestyles can help Women Thrive and Balance Hormones with Dr. Anna Cabeca
Today's episode is a great interview with Dr. Anna Cabeca!
Dr. Anna’s Bio:
She is Emory University-trained and triple board-certified in gynecology and obstetrics, integrative medicine and anti-aging and regenerative medicine and is the author of best selling book “The Hormone Fix,” a diet and holistic lifestyle program for menopausal women and new release “Keto-Green 16” designed for improving energy, hormones, and rapid weight loss.
Dr. Cabeca has reached hundreds of thousands of women around the globe, inspiring them to reclaim their optimal health and realize they can journey through menopause and find more purpose and pleasure than they ever dreamed possible.
In addition to her regular speaking engagements, she’s lectured internationally, presented at seminars, written a bestselling book, and hosts her own podcast - Couch Talk. She’s also been featured on NBC, CBS, ABC, The Huffington Post, Style, and has had multiple expert appearances on the Wellness Mama Podcast. Dr. Cabeca is the recipient of the Impact Award for Innovation from the 2018 Mindshare Summit. She also received the 2017 Alan P. Mintz Award for Clinical Excellence in Age Management Medicine.
Order Keto-Green 16 Book: https://book.ketogreendiet.com/keto-green-16-book-page?utm_medium=Podcast&utm_source=CYB&utm_campaign=KGBookLaunch
Keto Macro Calculator: www.dranna.com/ketocalc
Making Keto Work for Women Over 40 ebook: http://book.ketogreendiet.com/over-40?utm_medium=Podcast&utm_source=CYB&utm_campaign=KGBookLaunch
Keto Green Recipe Ebook: http://book.ketogreendiet.com/keto-recipe-pdf-optin?utm_medium=Podcast&utm_source=CYB&utm_campaign=KGBookLaunch
Thank you for listening!