Hello and welcome to the Love What You Do podcast, brought to you by Rob Cugno, the founder of Future U Coaching.
In this podcast series, Rob interviews professionals who’ve overcome all sorts of challenges to find their dream career as well as career experts. His hope is that by sharing their stories, you’ll feel like you’re part of a like-minded community of people who seek a happy work life.
Be open to new opportunities with Vas Iannella
Vas Iannella has built a successful career in the banking & finance industry. In this podcast, she talks to Rob Cugno about her career journey. They discuss:
- Why it's important to be open to new opportunities
- Having the courage to try something new
- Finding the balance between career & family
- The importance of transferable skills
- Why you must not let your CV be an internal document only
- Why, as a manager, you can't be successful if your people aren't successful
Looking after yourself during COVID, with Annette Magro
Looking after your health and well-being is a priority if you want to have a long and successful career. But its something we all struggle with at times, especially this year as we deal with COVID-19 and its many health, career, financial & lifestyle side-effects.
That is why I invited mental health social worker, Annette Magro, to join us again to share her insights on how to look after yourself during COVID-19. Annette shares some practical strategies on what you can do to feel better.
You never know what's out there with Amanda Lecaude
Rob's guest on this podcast is Academic Life Coach & Organising Expert, Amanda Lecaude, who owns & operates, Organising Students.
Rob and Amanda discuss:
- Why you should focus on your strengths and spend less time worrying about the stuff you're not good at
- How learning from failure can help you be successful in your career
- How to stay focused on achieving your career goals
Amanda's #1 career tip: you never know what's out there so go find something you love.
Walking in Two Worlds with guest, Levi McKenzie-Kirkbright
Host, Rob Cugno, recorded this podcast in-person early in 2020, before COVID-19 and #BlackLivesMatter made headlines.
My guest is Levi McKenzie-Kirkbright, a young Koori man who, for his entire life, has walked in two worlds. Levi shares his raw, personal and deeply moving story about his life, family, study and now career as a software engineer for the Indigenous Data Network at the University of Melbourne.
Levi's #1 career tip: Ask yourself 'what gift do I have to give the world?'.
Sometimes, you don't know what you're capable of
As Rob's guest, Anthony Peyton, says in the interview 'the world is changing'.
Anthony is a great example of someone taking a career pivot within the same industry but taking a different role.
In this podcast Rob and Anthony discuss:
- Why sometimes, you don't know what you're capable of because you're stuck on the train tracks
- How to know your purpose to grow your influence
- Why being in 'intrapreneur' will create opportunities that match your skills
Love, Work & Family in the Time of Coronavirus
The lockdown caused by COVID-19 means couples and families have to live, work and study under the same roof. Inevitably, this will cause conflict.
In this special episode of Love What You Do, host Rob Cugno interviews counsellor, Annette Magro, who is an expert in conflict resolution.
Annette offers sage advice to help couples and families work productively and thoughtfully negotiate conflict during COVID-19.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Very well structured podcast that engaged me and promoted many Aah Aah moments Highly recomended to any one on a personal development /career development journey!!