Live from Tokyo’s Godzilla Festival celebration, Kyle and his FanVasion crew talk about the event!
Wow – Tokyo knows how to throw a Godzilla celebration!
Today, I spent the day in Tokyo’s Ginza district at Godzilla Square with my group trip’s kaiju freaks (aka the Kaijucast FanVasion) and we had a great time! The stage shows were fun, the programming was great, the exclusives were super cool – I wish I could have tried some of the food truck-style food but phew! those lines were mega long!
In order to get this episode released ON godzilla’s birthday, it’s a little on the short side, but make sure to check out the two videos I linked to below too (and you can pretend YOU were there)!
MUSICAL MONSTER MOMENTS:
1. Suite From Godzilla 1954 from Akira Ifukube 100: A Legacy of Monster Music (2014)
2. Godzilla’s History According to Dr. Arnold Johnson from King Kong vs Godzilla (1962)
3. Godzilla by The Creatures from Hai! (2003)
4. Look Up There…Gigan & King Ghidorah from Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972)
5. Goodbye Godzilla by Josie Cotten from Attack of the B-Girls (2007)
Akira Takarada’s Opening Ceremonies Speech (all in Japanese)
The Shodai Godzilla suit walks to the stage!