What does dating look like in a world of swiping right and breakup texts? Before Anyone Else tries to answer this question by exploring love, sex, dating, and relationships in the new age. With technology at our fingertips, how has romance changed and is it for the better? Do old-school notions of dating still exist or are we all out there making things up as we go?
Join the conversation and dive into relevant topics about modern romance and the embarrassing stories that follow. Hosted by relationship experts Keith, Joyce and Amanda, who have been through it all, so you don’t have to. With three perspectives, you’ll find a voice to resonate with in every topic.
Dating Horror Stories & Men with Kids
This week on the podcast, Joyce speaks to Abby about the super awkward to the all-time cringiest moments – they’re exchanging all the horrible dating stories you wouldn’t believe. From the ups and downs of dating to what it’s like dating a partner with kids, we follow Abby’s dating life.
* A horrible Valentine’s Day* A cringey restaurant date (especially when the bill comes)* Gather around the campfire: Dating Ghost Stories * What it’s like dating a partner who has kids
* Follow Abby on Instagram at @crumblexcheesecake
* Dating Apps 101* I Wouldn’t Date Somebody That…(Part 1)* I Wouldn’t Date Somebody That…(Part 2)
Moving to another country with your partner
This week on the podcast Keith speaks to Joy Fajardo, a marketing professional living in PEI, Canada. Joy and her husband moved from The Philippines to Singapore and more recently to Canada. As they start a new life in a new country together, Joy shares the conversations and experiences that led them to making a big life decision despite having different perspectives.
* How to get on the same page when you want different things* How immigrating to a new country can affect your relationship with your partner * Addressing fears and concerns about moving to a new country and starting a new life together* Why communication is key to expressing your goals to your partner
* Lean into scary topics like immigrating – it can only make your relationship stronger* Listen to your partners perspectives, big decisions affect both of you* Be a team player and trust that your partner can handle your unfiltered thoughts (your partner is your partner for a reason)* Consider the timing of your communication
* Visit Joy Fajardo on Youtube* Follow Joy Fajardo on Instagram
* How to Be a Supportive Partner Through Tough Times* Are Relationships Supposed to Be Hard* How to Argue in a Healthy Relationship
Dating Apps 101
Dating apps can be exciting, nerve-wracking and overwhelming all at the same time. But what if you could get inside the male brain to learn more about what they’re thinking when they’re on apps. This week on the podcast we welcome Alex, a British Expat living in Toronto who is well-versed in the world of dating apps.
He’s giving you his best advice on how to thrive on dating apps and sharing all of his cringe-worthy dating app stories.
Grab your glass of wine, take a shot, and let’s dive in.
* Bumble, Hinge, Tinder and more – What apps should you be swiping on* From the male perspective – what are women doing wrong on dating apps* How to present yourself on apps to find the type of relationship you’re looking for* What are the red flags to look out for on dating apps* How to make app dating part of your lifestyle* How to avoid app burnout (it’s a real thing)
* Be strategic with the pictures you choose for your dating profile (Alex shares the top picture faux-pas to avoid)* Foodie? Traveler? Who isn’t. Write an original personal bio that isn’t yawn-worthy* Don’t invest too early, pace yourself when swiping* Fit app dates into your lifestyle – avoid disappointment if your date is a flake* Women may have the advantage on dating apps – but with great power, comes great responsibility 😉
* Niche Dating Apps* Dating Safety* How Do I Stand Out on Dating Apps
So you think you’re ready for kids? Parenthood
Becoming parents can be an incredible step to take with your partner. Yet, it also has the potential to change your relationship dynamics. Kristina, a busy lifestyle blogger, writer, and soon to be mom of two shares her journey and experiences as a parent.
* How meeting your partner can change your mind and open yourself up to something that you’ve closed yourself off to before* It’s not always the biological clock – How passions and careers can influence your decision to have kids* Addressing fears and concerns about becoming a parent* How to connect with your partner during pregnancy and after the baby is born* How to maintain your sense of self life and not just your parental identity
* Communicate in real-time with your partner about your needs- “go to the bones” * Always find time between parenting duties to focus on yourself and connect with your partner* Realize that children depend on you for everything – you need to have patience and change your lens to understand their thought-process and feelings
* Follow Kristina Dapaah on Instagram
* Married and Living with Parents* Is Getting Married the Goal* Getting Married: Do I Take His Last Name
I don’t want to be with you anymore
Being in a relationship with the right person can be a beautiful thing. However, what happens when you start to have doubts? Kirthiga has been in a few relationships that started off well, but a few flags started to pop up. So she left. We sat down with her to hear some of her relationship stories.
* What is the most important thing to help determine whether you should leave or not* How did it feel when you first left someone* How did you get over that first hump of leaving* What are some flags to look for * How did this effect the way you dated and how you viewed other relationships* How did you make this a learning experience
* Remember, you deserve better* Be open minded to change and learning from experiences* Dating is the best way to learn and build yourself
* Follow Kirthiga on Instagram
* How to heal after a breakup?* Are relationships supposed to be hard?* Relationship red flags and deal breakers?
Meet the Hosts of Before Anyone Else (Part 2)
Get to know the hosts of BAE podcast with part two of an inside look at their relationship backgrounds from their foray into dating apps to long-term relationships.
* The ultimate tips for navigating dating* Sharing the hosts favourite or most memorable date * The ultimate tips for when you’re in a relationship* How their views on relationships has changed and grown over time* If they’ve been influenced by their significant other
Customer ReviewsSee All
I found myself nodding and laughing along to so many points raised! Love the dynamic and the different personalities - I listen while at my desk :)