The Business of Sports with Andrew Brandt takes listeners inside the game with in-depth interviews and analysis by one of the leading voices in the field. Andrew Brandt spent a decade each as both a player agent and as Vice President of the Green Bay Packers and is now a weekly columnist at TheMMQB.com and the Director the Moorad Center for Sports Law at Villanova University. Brandt, who provides insight and analysis to the Ross Tucker Football Podcast every Wednesday, now hosts his own program, interviewing sports industry leaders making news in the sports business. Brandt will pull back the curtain on the inner workings of sports with league and team executives, agents, lawyers, CEOs and other top sports professionals. The Business of Sports with Andrew Brandt will inform, educate and entertain listeners with truly unique perspectives not heard anywhere else.
Ray Taylor, Villanova Marketing Professor re: Matsuyama's Masters Win + Potential 2022 Olympic Boycott
Forbes Senior Contributor / Villanova Professor of Marketing Ray Taylor joins Andrew Bandt on this week's podcast to discuss:
- Hideki Matsuyama's win at the Masters & his markting/endorsement potential. (10:15)
- The fallout of a potential 2022 Beijing Olympic boycott. (24:26)
Andrew also 'rants' on the NFLPA's priority for teams to stay away from the off season workouts (2:12) & the legality of the Buffalo Bills requiring COVID vaccinations to attend home games (7:06).
Brandt's Rants: Aaron Rodgers/Jeopardy, Sam Darnold Trade, MLBPA
This week on the podcast, Andrew talks about:
- Aaron Rodgers hosting Jeopardy. (2:41)
- Sam Darnold's trade to the Carolina Panthers. (8:11)
- Latest on Deshaun Watson. (12:02)
- Are college basketball athletes exploited? (15:19)
- The strength of the MLBPA & disparity of team payrolls. (18:28)
- Download the Draft Kings Sports Book app and use code ROSS
- Prevent hair loss by going to Keeps.com/BOS. Get your first month FREE!
Kalyn Kahler re: Deshaun Watson Allegations
Defector Media's Kalyn Kahler is this week's guest on the pod. Kalyn has been covering the lawsuits filed against Deshaun Watson & shares some of the revealing details of the allegations. (12:20)
Andrew also 'Rants' on the US Supreme Court hearing the Alston v NCAA case (1:54) & shares his thoughts on the NFL officially moving to a 17 game regular season. (6:01)
This week's Sponsors:
- Cuts Clothing: Clothes for the modern man. Get 15% off your first order at CutsClothing.com/BOS
- Draft Kings Sports Book: Turn a $1 college basketball bet into $100 w code ROSS (Restrictions apply. See DraftKings.com for details.)
Brandt's Rants: NBA Trade Deadline, NFL Voidable Contracts, Deshaun Watson
This week, Andrew Brandt 'Rants' on the following subjects:
- The NBA trade deadline & how it differs from the NFL's deadline. (1:17)
- NFL Salary Cap prorations & voidable contracts. (8:04)
- Deshaun Watson's legal issues & possible punishment from Roger Goodell. (14:09)
Brandt's Rants: New NFL Media Deals, Free Agency, & Taysom Hill Contract
This week on the podcast, Andrew 'Rants' about:
- The new media deals between the NFL & the TV Networks/Amazon...and why it's a great time to be an NFL owner. (2:28)
- The start of Free Agency & his initial thoughts on teams who are spending & managing the salary cap well. (9:31)
- The New Orleans Saints salary cap problems & why they added "dummy" years to Taysom Hills contract. (16:25)
Note: For information & tickets to Villanova University's upcoming Sports Law Journal Symposium - click here.
Brandt's Rants: Dak's New Deal, Franchise Tag, & the 2021 Salary Cap
This week on the Business Of Sports, Andrew Brandt takes a deep dive into:
- Dak Prescott's new contract with the Cowboys (1:25)
- How NFL teams use the Franchise Tag as leverage (9:01)
- The $182.5M NFL Salary Cap (14:54)
- Ben Roethlisberger's salary cut to stay with the Steelers (20:03)
Andrew keeps getting stronger with each episode!
Well done, and keep it up!
Most of the content is on the Ross Tucker podcast. I think he’s a better guest than host.
Super interesting and informative podcast from a different angle I’m not used to hearing about!