On this episode of the Georgian Impact podcast, we are joined by Kaliya Young. Kaliya is an expert in self-sovereign identity. You might know her as Identity Woman. Kaliya has spent the last 20 years developing a layer on the internet based on open standards, with the goal of empowering people.
You’ll Hear About:
● The Internet Identity Workshop that Kaliya co-founded in 2005.
● What it means to have open standards for digital identity and its importance.
● What businesses would benefit most from SSI.
● Challenges in creating a user-centric digital identity.
● How data became siloed within a few companies.
● The link between digital identity and Web3.
● The need to create standards that reflect all backgrounds.