Welcome to the Holistic Spaces Podcast, feng shui conversations with Anjie & Laura co-founders of the Mindful Design Feng Shui School. We hope to inspire you to create your own holistic spaces that nurture and resonate with you.
Anjie Cho and Laura Morris are the founders of the Mindful Design Feng Shui School. We teach feng shui online at Mindful design School!
check us out at mindfuldesignschool.com and be sure to sign up for our mailing list for special free workshops and opps to ask questions for the podcast!
Tune in every Monday for a new podcast episode.
Episode 185: 5 Ways to Use a Feng Shui Crystal Ball
Feng shui crystal balls are one of the most commonly used items in BTB feng shui, and people tend to be very curious about them. In this episode, we’re talking about why we work with feng shui crystal balls, five ways to use them in your home, and how to hang them properly.
- What is a feng shui crystal ball?
- How to choose a feng shui crystal ball
- How to use feng shui crystal balls to brighten a dark space
- How to activate an area of the bagua using a feng shui crystal ball
- How feng shui crystal balls can shift and change the flow of qi (life force energy) in your home
- How to hang a feng shui crystal ball
Episode 184: Feng Shui Qi Forecast, August 2022
In this episode, we’re sharing a feng shui qi forecast for the month of August 2022! First, we go over what’s going on in nature and what you can expect energetically this month, and then Anjie shares an I Ching reading for the Holistic Spaces Podcast listener community. We also share how you can make the most of this month’s energy in your home through feng shui.
- Key dates to look out for this month in the moon’s cycle and the Chinese solar term calendar
- What to expect energetically this month
- Entering a slow transition into a more yin season
- Harvest, abundance, and being open to receive
- The connection between endings and beginnings
- Which areas of the feng shui bagua to work with right now
- Other feng shui tips to make the most of this month
Episode 183: How to Feng Shui Your Living Room
Your living room is an important common space in your home where friends and family gather together. In order to create more harmony throughout the home and encourage everyone to get along, you can apply some simple feng shui principles to this room. Tune in to learn some of our best feng shui living room tips.
- How and when to energetically clear your living room
- Our recommendations when it comes to decluttering
- The best feng shui colors for a living room
- How to arrange your living room furniture for optimal energy flow
- How to create a softer, more harmonious flow of qi in your living room
- The benefits of having plants in your living room
Episode 182: Bird Symbolism in Feng Shui
Humans have always been fascinated by birds. Between their ability to fly and their musical calls, birds are really special and magical creatures. In this episode, we’re sharing the feng shui meaning of seven different birds, along with how you can start to work with these symbols in your home.
- The feng shui meaning of roosters
- The symbolism of cranes
- What magpies mean in feng shui
- Phoenix symbolism in feng shui
- The feng shui meaning of peacocks
- What swallows mean in feng shui
- Duck symbolism in feng shui
- How to work with bird symbolism in your home
- Where to place bird images in your home
Episode 181: Feng Shui for Sleep
Many of us have trouble sleeping these days. While it’s always important to look at any sleep issues with a trusted healthcare professional, feng shui can be a great way to support the other health or lifestyle changes you may be making. In this episode, we are sharing some of our best feng shui tips to help you create a more relaxing, restful environment that is conducive to sleep.
- The most important thing we always look at when someone has trouble sleeping
- How to tell if the energy flow in your bedroom is supporting your sleep (and what to do if it’s not)
- The most restful feng shui colors to include in your bedroom
- How the right lighting can help you get more rest
- A simple breathing exercise to help you release stress and anxiety
Episode 180: Fruit Symbolism in Feng Shui
In feng shui, we often work with symbols from nature to bring more meaning into our spaces. These can be plants, animals, flowers, or even fruit. In this episode, we are sharing five of the most prominent fruit symbols in feng shui and how you can bring them into your home.
- Why is fruit significant in feng shui?
- How to work with fruit symbolism in your home
- The feng shui meaning of oranges
- What lemons represent in feng shui
- The feng shui symbolism of pomegranates
- What peaches mean in feng shui
Always have such interesting topics! I always enjoy listening to these.
I look forward to Mondays cause that's when they drop a new episode, love listening to these gals. Such great info.
Accessible Feng Shui
I love how Anjie and Laura make feng shui accessible and relatable through this podcast. It’s a great place to start if your interested in learning more about the practice.