My guest in this episode of The Soul Booth has given away more money than most of us will ever dream of having. She’s a philanthropist, a feminist, an advocate, and an activist. And despite her extraordinary wealth, and the fact that she’s in her 80’s, Margaret McCain is busy with all those roles! Her nickname “Margie” reflects how down-to-earth she is, and you’ll find that out for yourself within the first few minutes of this podcast when we dig into the subject I was dying to talk about - the soul of money. What she has to say will probably surprise you.
Some quick background notes first though;
- Born Margaret Norrie, she married Wallace McCain before he started a little family business with his brother Harrison called McCain Foods (!)
- In 1994, she became the first female Lieutenant Governor of New Brunswick.
- She’s been a widow since Wallace died in 2011, and has 4 adult children (Michael, Scott, Eleanor, and Martha) 9 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren.
- She’s a feisty champion for Canada’s youngest citizens.
- She’s got a quick mind, a sharp wit, and a huge heart !
I think you’re really going to enjoy this organic conversation with a woman I consider a role-model and a hero.
Stay tuned ;)
You can support this podcast by visiting soultribehub.com and signing up for a free membership. You’ll find exclusive content, including behind-the-scenes video, meditations, and our virtual book club.
Do you have a question for Nancy or an upcoming guest? You can submit them by text, audio, or video at soultribehub.com and your query might be featured on a future episode.
This episode was supported by:
Golden Realty Group (www.soldongold.ca)
Hotel Halifax (www.hotelhalifax.ca)
Homebase by Anne Bérubé (www.anneberube.com)
Downtown Halifax Business Commission (www.downtownhalifax.ca)