What happens when an ex-architect meets an ex-fine artist at an entertainment art school?
When Jeff and myself met, we quickly began to analyse and wonder about the 'correct path' to take. It was our second career, and we didn't want to waste any time.
It's been 5 years since our first class together, and we've both now achieved the dreams we wanted. Yet, to this day, we still analyse art and life pathways on an almost daily basis.
I hope you can enjoy some of our ramblings.
Storyboarder Emily Hsu, a friendly chat/interview
* Path to being an artist
* Traditional 2D animation skills play a part in storyboards today?
* Using art for good or evil
* Origins of STAFF
* Obtaining current skillset/Advice for past Emily
* Difference between working on film production vs a music video
* Advice to Emily of 2010
* How relevant is writing to storyboarding
* How to get better by matching your work to your heroes
Artists that inspire us. Feng Zhu and Alexander Mandrajiev.
Jeff and I did a podcast with Warrior Painters recently and after hearing the recording we decided that work needs to be done on our speaking skills. This episode and podcast is the result of that realisation.
Topics included (briefly):
* How did you find out about Feng Zhu/Alexander Mandrajiev
* What inspires you about Feng/Alexander?
* Technical skill vs feelings
* Your inspiration and how it reflects in your own art
* How figure drawing helps concept art
* Can you get good at art in one year?
Thanks! Comments and feedback welcome!