The Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time
A reflection on the Mass readings for February 16, 2020, the sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time. Sirach 15:15-20 Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 17-18, 33-34 1 Corinthians 2:6-10 Matthew 5:17-37
The Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time
A reflection on the Mass readings for February 9, 2020, the fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time. Isaiah 58:7-10 Psalm 112:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 1 Corinthians 2:1-5 Matthew 5:13-16
Feast of the Presentation of the Lord
A reflection on the Mass readings for February 2, 2020, the feast of the Presentation of the Lord. Malachi 3:1-4 Psalm 24:7, 8, 9, 10 Hebrews 2:14-18 Luke 2:22-40
The Third Sunday in Ordinary Time
A reflection on the Mass readings for January 26, 2020, the third Sunday in Ordinary Time. Isaiah 8:23—9:3 Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14 1 Corinthians 1:10-13, 17 Matthew 4:12-23
The Second Sunday in Ordinary Time
A reflection on the Mass readings for January 19, 2020, the second Sunday in Ordinary Time. Isaiah 49:3, 5-6 Psalm 40:2, 4, 7-8, 8-9, 10 1 Corinthians 1:1-3 John 1:29-34
The Feast of the Baptism of the Lord
A reflection on the Mass readings for January 12, 2020, the feast of the Baptism of the Lord. Isaiah 42:1-4,6-7 Psalm 29:1-2, 3-4, 3, 9-10 Acts 10:34-38 Matthew 3:13-17
Customer ReviewsSee All
Just found this podcast last week, and have pulled down all the podcasts. It's a excellent synopsis of the coming week's mass. It's also short, which makes them easy to listen to, and there are many many good bits of information and references to the readings in the bible. A good way to spend a little time to make the most of your time at mass.
"THE WORD OF GOD IS LIVING AND ACTIVE" -HEB. 4:12
Why this podcast is awesome and may be an excellent addition to your iTunes collection:
1. It's all about the Word of God and what that means in our lives.
2. It will inspire you to pay attention during mass because you will have already had a chance to chew on the readings and Gospel in advance.
3. It's free to download.
4. Mark Hart, a.k.a. the Bible Geek is really great at taking the readings and giving some sincere, passionate, prayerful perspective.
5. It's a short podcast. You can listen to it on the way to school on a short bus ride or in the car driving to work.
6. You will find yourself thinking about what you believe in when the podcast just starts playing on your iPod and the podcast serves to re-centre towards God.
7. It's engaging. The podcast has helped me to think, pray, and live differently.
I highly recommend this podcast to anyone who is interested in tuning into the Word of God more in their lives...especially youth. :)
-Mandy, Age 17 (Canada)
Food for the soul
An amazing resource and reflection to dive right in to the Sunday readings. There is hardly a week that goes by where I don't listen to this great resource. It helps me to prepare for Sunday so that I can truly encounter Christ in His Word and live that in my every day life. I absolutely love the practical applications at the end of the program. It eqips you with tools for the journey and helps to make living the gospel real and tangible.