This is The Hockey News Podcast.
Each week we’ll bring our experts together, along with special guests, to talk about all the important issues in the hockey world.
The Hockey News Prospect Podcast: Canada's U-18 Hopes and Chase Stillman Interview
This week on the Prospect Podcast, Ryan Kennedy and Steven Ellis talk about Canada's U-18 World Championship team, the Biosteel Top Prospects Game, the recent Minnesota High School Tournament and more. Plus, an interview with 2021 NHL draft prospect Chase Stillman.
The Hockey News Podcast: 2021 NHL Trade Deadline Preview
This week on The Hockey News Podcast, with senior writers Ryan Kennedy and Matt Larkin:
It's our 2021 NHL trade deadline preview, teeing up the big day, which arrives April 12. Topics covered include:
- Will COVID-19 and salary-cap complications make this the quietest trade deadline ever?
- Should the Leafs pursue another goalie, or is Jack Campbell their No. 1 now?
- Which pieces will go in a potential Columbus Blue Jackets fire sale?
- Predicting landing spots for Taylor Hall, Kyle Palmieri, Rickard Rakell and other prominent trade candidates
- Be the GM: what would you do at the deadline if you were in charge of (insert team here)?
- Listener mailbag, including: Which established young NHLers should seller teams covet?
And much more!
Storytellers Featuring Ian Pulver: Dan Craig, Hockey's Ice King
In order for a hockey player to perform to the best of his abilities at any level, the ice needs to be sensational. There are so many factors that go into building the perfect sheet of ice, and the NHL's "King of the Ice”, Dan Craig, talked to Ian Pulver about his journey to the historic Edmonton Northlands Coliseum and beyond.
Craig talks about creating ice surfaces, building operations, outdoor games and other topics. Listeners will hear about all the great opportunities in the hockey world on the building operations side of the game, a side that doesn't get much attention in the sport.
The Hockey News Podcast: The Predators are Back!
This week on The Hockey News Podcast, with senior writers Ken Campbell and Ryan Kennedy
- With the trade deadline approaching, which of these teams should be active and who should stand pat?
- Florida: just lost Ekblad, but are comfortably in a post-season spot. Should they add?
- Nashville; looked out of it a month ago, now they're fourth with their competitors swooning. Now what?
- Arizona: St. Louis looks vulnerable and the Coyotes could use a positive finish
- The Tim Peel incident brought up the importance of fairness in the game - especially because gambling is poised to be much bigger in the sport in the coming years. What are the long-term effects of the Peel Hot Mic?
- Disney has a new Mighty Ducks show: Do we begrudgingly acknowledge the importance of this franchise? (and how many of the movies have you seen?)
- Mailbag questions
Sami Jo's Podcast: Episode 4: Susie Yuen
Susie Yuen, a pioneer in women’s hockey, joins Sami Jo Small to talk about from her experience with the Canadian national team, her time with the University of Manitoba Bisons and her time spent coaching in China.
Yuen shares her experience about growing up as a first-generation Canadian, the support of her friends and family and how sport can build communities.
The Hockey News Prospect Podcast: Connor Bedard is a Star and Cole Sillinger Interview
This week on the Prospect Podcast with Steven Ellis and Ryan Kennedy:
- Three prospects to watch right now
- Comparing Connor Bedard to Connor McDavid
- NCAA tournament: Who are some of the top prospects to watch?
- Luke Hughes injury - out for the year, but will it hurt his draft standing?
- Is Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen going to save the Sabres in the future?
- Cole Sillinger interview
Customer ReviewsSee All
Go back to old
The original show is great, the other 2 or 3 random side shows they throw in are annoying, don’t remember subscribing to iron mike Keenan
Great content on the original Hockey News podcast, but unfortunately, the 2-3 side shows comes in randomly with the subscription. If I wanted more content, like Iron Mike or Gooche, I’d subscribe to it... by myself.
Insightful Hockey Talk
This podcast is a breath of fresh air compared to Fantasy on Ice, they’re not biased which is important. I’ll continue to listen.