Summary: In this episode The Propcast talks to Dustin Figge from Homelike about his company providing a home away from home.
The Propcast by Louisa Dickins, Co-Founder of LMRE the leading Global PropTech recruiter brought to you in partnership with UK PropTech Association, The UK PropTech Association is a membership organisation to drive the digital transformation of the property industry. This show will focus on connecting the Proptechs, real estate funds and VC’s globally…and get everyone talking about innovation of the build to rent environment.
About Our Host
Louisa started her career in property working at a well-known estate agency in London. Realising her people skills, she moved over to Lloyd May to pursue a career in recruitment. She now is a Director at LMRE, who are a specialist recruitment firm driven by PropTech and recruitment professionals, and Louisa oversees their 5 core areas. Louisa co-founded LMRE and provides a constructive recruitment platform to the new disruptors in real estate. Louisa is also on the board of Directors at UK PropTech Association (UKPA).
LMRE believe there is a better way to recruit. LMRE focus on a more comprehensive, client led focus delivering exceptional talent to the right place at the right time. They are passionate about the industry and passionate about people's careers. LMRE spend time with each client to become and an extension of the business, and their transparency and core values help them grow with the sector. LMRE simplify recruitment and innovate with our clients and evolve the people driven, PropTech community.
About Our Guest
Dustin Figge is Founder of Homelike. In 2015, he and Christoph Kasper founded Homelike, the leading marketplace to book furnished business apartments entirely online. Before Homelike, he successfully co-founded the HR-Startup “Talents Connect” and worked as an Executive Assistant to the CEO of Arvato. He also spent 2 years working in the Silicon Valley. Through long-term work experiences in China, Spain and the US, Dustin learned about the pitfalls of the highly offline long-term housing market which eventually led to the founding of Homelike. Dustin holds a Master’s in Business from the University of Cologne.
LMRE website www.lmre.co.uk
UKPA website www.ukpa.com
Homelike website www.homelike.com
Dustin’s twitter @dustin_figge
Insights From This Episode
- We see this Corona situation as an opportunity for business. So we called it “Never Waste A Crisis” – Dustin Figge
- I think for me personally, it's the best thing in my life to be a founder because you can really challenge the status quo – Dustin Figge
- You’ve got to have passion for your product. But I think the biggest thing, which I personally learned and I presume you and your co-founder agree is resilience – Louisa Dickins
- I think Corona has been a great opportunity for furnished apartments, and also mega trends like flexible working and remote working – Dustin Figge
- I believe that we have proven that furnished long term apartments are resilient to a crisis like Corona – Dustin Figge
- One very interesting trend is flexibility when it comes to booking furnished apartments… So that's definitely a trend, I also believe will be a lasting trend – Dustin Figge
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
A Podcast Company -
is the leading podcast production company for brands, organizations, institutions, individuals, and entrepreneurs. Our team sets you up with the right equipment, training, and guidance to ensure you sound amazing. - https://www.apodcastcompany.com and www.podcastsyndicator.com