#S2E12 Shelf Impactors™
'Being Brave or Taking a Risk?' (Courage v Recklessness)
with Mark Grey and Lisa Hastings
Every single person on this planet has to make multiple decisions everyday. Sometimes these decisions require us to be brave while some involve a degree of risk.
Those of us in the creative industries are tasked to make bold decisions everyday relating to helping our clients grow their brands and businesses. The decision making process we go through is often assisted greatly by supporting research and market analysis mitigating the possible risks of making a poor choice.
In this podcast Mark and Lisa light heartedly discuss how the decisions we all make come with a degree of risk attached and require an element of bravery in the process. The scale of both these actions are invariably measured by the individual making that decision by assessing the severity of the outcome.
1. Risk v Bravery
- Can we form a difference between the two definitions or are they mutually aligned?
- Examples of brands and businesses that have overcome adversity through being brave and taking 'calculated' risks.
- Where do Lisa and Mark see themselves on the subject relating to their own personal values.
2. Timing - Is there a right time to be brave? Can this be quantified?
- What does 'good' bravery look like?
Additional reference links:
Bareknuckle - Brand Marketing with a punch!
POWER OF VULNERABILITY - TED TALK
PODCAST Future of Food
Marketing Week Stats
Creatives are born to be brave
Website - www.lisahastings.me
Twitter - @shoebox20
Instagram - @shoebox20
LinkedIn - Lisa Hastings
Website - www.bluenectardesign.co.uk
Twitter - @bluenectar
Instagram - @bluenectardesign
LinkedIn - Mark Grey