Join Dan Miller every week for the "48 Days To The Work You Love" Internet Radio Show. Dan is referred to as the nation's leading authority on work, career and business start-up. This long-running show continues to sit solidly in the top 1% of all podcasts in the world. Dan believes we can all find - or create - work that is meaningful, purposeful, and profitable.
You can “recalculate” but please choose a specific direction..
Focusing on one thing doesn’t mean the others would have been wrong choices. But you’ll never be outstanding or experience extraordinary success unless you choose one direction for the next five years. And as Alice in Wonderland was told: "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.”
1. How can I combine and leverage my paid courses, newsletter, subscription service, membership, mastermind group & teaching?
2. Right now I have many things tugging at my time, talent and money. I would like to do all of the but find it difficult to decide and focus on one thing.
3. Is the current life style of the author one of your criteria for choosing a book to read and recommend?
Get direct links to the resources mentioned on this podcast, including my Venn diagram and program to help you leverage your area of expertise in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/you-can-recalculate-but-choose-a-specific-direction
How did an obstacle launch you into a better place - $100 prize from a listener - we’ll do this for a couple of weeks - submit your story by May 30th - Memorial Day Submit your story of overcoming an obstacle or Questions to: https://www.48days.com/askdan/
If I use your question we’ll send you an autographed copy of 48 Days to the Work You Love
Maybe your life is too easy…….
Every day I hear from people who have been given all the advantages – prestigious university degrees, fine homes, cars and positions. And they suspect the easy life they’ve been given is keeping them from the challenge of adventure that would release the best version of themselves. Are you taking the “safe” route in life to avoid the stresses and challenges that are trying to release your biggest success?
1. I hate to quit a job after only 4 months, but the company has changed what we agreed to.
2. How can we advise our 22-year old granddaughter who just had her car stolen and already owes us $7000?
3. How hard could that be to put together a profitable public event?
4. What are the books you recommend that will get me out of the doldrums, that are as life-changing and impactful as any you’ve ever read?
Get direct links to the resources mentioned on this podcast, including the 12 books I recommend to change your life, in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/maybe-your-life-is-too-easy/
Does quitting your job mean you’re giving up?
There are many times when quitting is the smartest thing to do. If you’re hitting your thumb with a hammer, don’t try to do it better or more efficiently - stop hitting your thumb. Quit - look for a better alternative. Don’t focus on the humiliation of quitting. See this as a go-up opportunity. Quitting the thing where you’re just mediocre or that is making you miserable is not a humiliation - it’s a brilliant decision to move to something better. It can free you up to move into your Zone of Genius.
1. I’m Dean of Students but was just arrested and am now on administrative leave. I think my career in education is over.
2. My question is about when to 'cut the cord' on a business idea you've started working on.
3. Dan, what are your thoughts on doing business together with friends at church as a group?
4. Dan - I’m in the late 3rd Quarter of life. Is there a time for a comeback?
Get direct links to the resources mentioned on this podcast, including my Masterclass: How To Build a Side Business With 15 Hours a Week, in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/does-quitting-your-job-mean-youre-giving-up/
Do you really need more than money in your job?
We're now in the 10th consecutive month where more than 4 million people have quit their jobs. Most of them left to find more money. And now a new survey tells us one in five of those people regret leaving their previous job. What is missing if they are getting more pay? I'll give you the three things people need - and what you can legitimately expect from your job.
1. What are you looking for in your work besides money?
2. Can I do the 48 Days to the Work You Love process in only 30 Days?
3. I’ve worked in the same job for 23 years and I’m just bored.
4. I’m 43 years old, in the military and can retire in 18 months with half pay - what would you do?
5. I started a job 3 months ago and now know I made a bad decision. What should I do?
6. I have a side business but feel like I’m spinning my wheels.
Get direct links to the resources mentioned in this podcast, including the 48 Days to the Work You Love schedule, in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/more-than-money/
Three reasons you may not be acting on your dreams…
Why do people get stuck - or trapped in staying in a job or business they clearly dislike? There are typically three reasons people never act on their dreams to achieve the financial independence they desire. Are you letting great ideas pass by because something is holding you back? Don't get stuck wearing a red shirt.
1. Are you a candidate to be a “New Collar Worker?”
2. I just went through a painful divorce. Is this a good time to start my own business?
3. The last couple months I've been surprised at how many people have expressed what seems to be paralyzing fear at pursuing their dreams. Why do you think that is?
4. What are some podcasts that you enjoy listening to?
Get direct links to the resources mentioned on this podcast, including 8 Questions To Ask Yourself to Mine Your Own Acres of Diamonds and Unearth the Opportunities that Exist In Your Life in the podcast show notes at https://www.48days.com/three-reasons-you-may-not-be-acting-on-your-dreams
Summary - Three reasons people never act on their dreams:
The first reason is fear of failure. The second reason is lack of knowledge. The third reason people don’t act on their dreams is a perceived lack of money.
Would you like recurring income from a membership community?
Five years ago I launched an online community. The first month it generated $9072.00. The second month that jumped to $18,952.00. It’s continued to grow and now provides the biggest income pillar for 48 Days LLC. Here’s a 12-minute interview with Stu McLaren with questions to ask yourself about doing the same thing.
From Stu McLaren: Questions To Ask Yourself To Determine If a Membership Community Is For You
Do you have a unique message? Are you an expert in an area that interests other people? Are people already asking you for your advice on a particular topic? Have you been stuck in starting over every month with your income? Would you enjoy a continuous monthly flow of recurring revenue? Get access to Stu McLaren's Membership Resources at 48Days.com/memberships
Find out more about how a membership community made all the difference in our business.
Submit your questions at www.48days.com/askdan If I use your question we’ll send you an autographed copy of 48 Days to the Work and Life You Love
Get full show notes here: https://www.48days.com/stu-mclaren/
Dan has a great heart to share and make us all better and happier people. I never miss his show.
Favorite podcast in my library!
This podcast has been a consistent weekly go to for me now for almost 10 years. Dan’s message has impacted my life in some amazing ways and I give him much of the credit for the exciting trajectory that my career is on today!
Learning Plein Air
48days is has been my go to top 5 podcasts for years because Dan is one of those guys who can change the trajectory of your life. There is no fluff here . Every podcast is filled with positivity and actionable ideas that can help you find work that is purposeful and profitable.