The ability to coat large quantities of small particles — powders — via atomic layer deposition (ALD) has opened new vistas for battery materials, chemical catalysis, 3-D printing, and more. On this episode of the Nanovation podcast, Ruud van Ommen from TU Delft talks everything powder ALD. In this context, Ruud and Mike focus on the why and how of process scale-up. Listeners of the show won’t be surprised to learn that there’s much more to scale-up than increasing the size of the tank! Ruud also shares the motivation behind founding the company Delft IMP and how, in the early days, he was told that powder ALD was impossible.
• Hosted by Michael Filler (@michaelfiller)
• Edited by Andrew Cannon (@andrewhcannon)
• Recorded on January 23, 2020
• Show notes are available at http://www.fillerlab.com/nanovation/archive/59
• Submit feedback at http://www.fillerlab.com/nanovation/feedback