Casey Means, M.D.: “Metabolic health is not just about avoiding long-term chronic illnesses…It's also about feeling good in the moment.”
Means, a Stanford-trained physician and co-founder of Levels, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss which healthy foods can secretly spike your blood sugar, plus:
- How your microbiome affects your blood sugar
- How to prepare your body for a glucose spike
- Underrated tips to keep your metabolism stable
- Why you should switch from sweet to savory breakfasts
- How to actually know if your metabolism is healthy
Referenced in the episode:
- Data showing the average American eats 152 pounds of sugar in one year.
- A study on how poor sleep can affect metabolism.
- A study on how microbiome can dictate glucose responses.
- Levels blog post on the top 10 worst foods for blood sugar.
- mbg Podcast episode #294, with Jud Brewer, M.D., Ph.D.
- Product recommendations: Unreal chocolate quinoa peanut butter cups, Lief Therapeutics HRV monitor, Siete Foods burrito size tortillas, Whole Foods nori sheets, Forager Project cashew milk yogurt.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.