Ellen Vora, M.D.: "Hormones impact your brain, and they impact how you feel.”
Vora, a holistic psychiatrist, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to get to the root of your stress and anxiety, plus:
- How "false anxieties" can impact your mental health (~10:55)
- How to be nuanced in a world that’s fear of cancel culture (~22:54)
- The best foods to ease your anxiousness (~25:16)
- How the birth control pill can contribute to anxiety (~31:50)
- How to strengthen your emotional resilience (~45:49)
Referenced in the episode:
- Vora's book, The Anatomy of Anxiety.
- Learn more about Vora's mbg classes: How To Control Anxiety, Managing Depression, and The Doctor's Guide To Falling Asleep Naturally.
- mbg Podcast episodes #202 and #74, with Vora.
- mbg Podcast episode #344, with Lisa Miller, Ph.D.
- Documentary about Dian Fossey's research on chimps and anxiety.
- The Mood Cure, by Julia Ross.
- "Tend and Befriend" study from UCLA.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices