English Worship Sermons @ Sekwang Korean Presbyterian Church
July 5, 2020: Independence? From What? For Who? Now What?
June 28, 2020: And What of Our Enemies
June 21, 2020: Be Like Our Father
17. "When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death!
18. I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.
19. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.'
20. So he got up and went to his father. "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
21. "The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'
22. "But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.
23. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate.
24. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.
May 24, 2020: Lessons From This Ordeal
9. Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
10. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
11. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
12. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
13. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
May 17, 2020: What Makes Us People of God?
1. This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD :
2. "Stand at the gate of the LORD's house and there proclaim this message: " 'Hear the word of the LORD, all you people of Judah who come through these gates to worship the LORD.
3. This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Reform your ways and your actions, and I will let you live in this place.
4. Do not trust in deceptive words and say, "This is the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD, the temple of the LORD!"
5. If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly,
6. if you do not oppress the alien, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm,
7. then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your forefathers for ever and ever.
8. But look, you are trusting in deceptive words that are worthless.
9. " 'Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury, burn incense to Baal and follow other gods you have not known,
10. and then come and stand before me in this house, which bears my Name, and say, "We are safe"-safe to do all these detestable things?
11. Has this house, which bears my Name, become a den of robbers to you? But I have been watching! declares the LORD.
May 10, 2020: Our Loving Parent
[Hosea 11: 1-4]
1. "When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.
2. But the more I called Israel, the further they went from me. They sacrificed to the Baals and they burned incense to images.
3. It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not realize it was I who healed them.
4. I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them.