John Gottman, Ph.D., & Julie Gottman, Ph.D.: “This last year has been like a laboratory watching what happens to relationships.”
The Gottmans, arguably the world’s leading relationship experts and founders of the Gottman Institute, join mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to have a happy relationship that lasts, plus:
- Why you should take a 20 minute break during conflict
- How to have a stellar sex life
- How to create a "love map" & why you should
- How relationships have changed since COVID
- Why you should ask your partner open-ended questions
Referenced in the episode:
- The Gottman Institute.
- Malcolm Gladwell's Blink.
- John's research on predicting martial happiness in newlyweds.
- Learn more about the Gottman's research on marriage and couples.
- Gottman Card Decks App offering questions, statements, and ideas for improving your relationship.
- Gottman Referral Network to find a Gottman Method trained therapist in your area.
- Videos and exercises to learn the foundations of Gottman principles.
- The Gottan's Loving Out Loud video series to take your relationship off autopilot.
- Gottman's Love Notes Newsletter.
- Julie's op-ed on how bad relationships suffered during lockdown.
Our new and improved beauty & gut collagen+ is back in stock! With 17.7 grams of types I and III grass-fed collagen combined with seven other powerhouse ingredients, our one of a kind powder supports glowing skin, strong hair and nails, and a healthy gut.* To get 25% off your first month subscription, don't forget to use the code COLLAGENJASON at checkout.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking medications, consult with your doctor before starting a supplement routine. It is always optimal to consult with a health care provider when considering what supplements are right for you.