Podcast by Gameday on Rocky Top
Episode 188: Tennessee-Kentucky, Vols hoops, and the Surprising Way Out of the Mortgage Crisis
Warm-ups: Consensus on the worst candy ever, and a Surprising Solution to the Mortgage Crisis.
1. Among all of the happy football things, what's your favorite and why?
2. Is Tennessee going to score 40+ points against Kentucky?
3. What's your biggest fear about the Kentucky game, and how frightening is it?
4. Checking in with the GRT Win Total Machine.
5. Vols hoops primer and free for all.
Plus 20 minutes of bonus coverage.
Episode 187: A Third Saturday in October to Remember
1. Warm Ups: Why are children falling through Joel's ceiling?
2. Let's play How Many Awesome Things Did We Just Witness?
3. On the atmosphere in(and around) Neyland Stadium this particular Third Saturday in October.
4. Jalin Hyatt and the King of the Beasts Mode
5. How much better is Georgia's defense than Alabama's?
6. The GRT Win Total Machine is spitting out happy, happy, happy results.
Episode 186: Things are Pretty Good
Indeed. Things ARE pretty good on Rocky Top these days, with the football team undefeated headed into the Third Saturday in October with the best chance to beat the Tide in years. After too many years of previewing this game with jokes and other coping mechanisms, Will and Joel lean all the way in to a Tennessee-Alabama week the way it was meant to be.
185: Back in the Saddle
The GRT Podcast is, like the Tennessee Football team, back in the saddle. In this episode, cocooned in newness, we talk about the Vols being 10.5-point favorites over a Florida Gators team we've beaten only once in nearly two decades and why we think The Weirdness will not be making an appearance this year. We also discuss community expectations via the GRT Win Total Machine and hit on Pitt a bit.
Bonus coverage features a confidential counseling session and fond memories of the sheer awesomeness of Neyland Stadium. Pardon the bumpy ride and sound quality at certain points, but know that by enduring that you are standing with the good people of Ukraine. #spendwithukraine
184: Vols are SEC Champs and a 3-seed heading into March Madness
Taking a moment to live in the moment and celebrate the Vols' first SEC Tournament Championship since 1979. Plus, we comb through all the data in an attempt to figure out why in the world Tennessee ended up a 3-seed in the NCAA Tournament, made our own case for a 2-seed, and peered into a possible future for these Vols in the South Region.
Episode 183 - Hurray Hoops, Oops Hoops, and Future Hoops
In this episode of the Gameday on Rocky Top Podcast, we hit "play" on the motion offense just to see what happens. Here's what happened:
1. I forgot to tell my computer to use the other microphone.
2. Post-Kentucky elation.
3. Post-Arkansas oh wells.
4. What is this team's Kryptonite?
5. Is it time for Fulkerson to get back in to the starting lineup?
6. Bracketology and comparative resumes.
Bonus: Who's your favorite broadcasting play-by-play and color guys?
Will & Joel Awesome Show Great Job
Really enjoy listening to you both discuss Vols football and basketball. You guys do a great job pointing out things I often overlook in games, and bring interesting stats pertinent to the current landscape of the SEC and college football. I came for the Vols discussion but stayed for the rasslin’ talk.
My favorite Vol writers!
Enjoy listening to these guys! Keep up the solid work!