It is well-established science that "the body keeps the score." Trauma therapy is no small task, and sometimes traditional talk therapy doesn't take people to the depths of healing they need.
In this episode, licensed professional counselor and EMDRIA certified EMDR therapist Heather Hall unpacks the phases of healing from trauma, and why it is important to take a whole body approach.
- Why we need tools beyond traditional talk therapy
- Somatic/attachment therapy
- Polyvagal theory - how our bodies keep us safe
- Coping strategies for trauma that are overdeveloped and underdeveloped
- Creating awareness and learning new strategies to cope and heal
Heather is on staff at Living Well Tyler, a revolutionary holistic wellness and counseling center in Tyler, Texas. livingwelltyler.com
Thanks to our sponsors:
Get started with a $75 sponsored job credit to upgrade your job post at indeed.com/spark.
Preserve memories for years to come with Storyworth. Save $10 on your first purchase of Storyworth at storyworth.com/spark