Sparking Wholeness is not your typical health show. Erin Kerry is not your typical health coach. As a survivor of bipolar disorder, she has learned firsthand what it is like to deal with and manage a chronic illness.
This show brings together health experts from various fields in order to discuss popular wellness topics and offer hope and support for mental health issues. Whether it's addressing trauma, healing the gut microbiome, biohacking genes, addressing body image concerns, or exploring the struggles of motherhood and parenting, every episode is designed to spark wholeness.
A Functional Medicine Approach to Making Changes that Stick, Without Dieting
Jennifer Pickett is a Dietitian turned Functional Wellness Coach. She helps spiraling moms overcome the overwhelm through Functional Wellness coaching for the body, mind and soul so they can transform their health and live a deeply fulfilled life of freedom and harmony. She believes that to make the shift from “knowing” to “doing” you must apply mindfulness, address what is driving the behavior, be intentional and practice self compassion.
- How a functional medicine health coach is different than a dietitian
- The difference between a coach approach versus expert approach
- How sleep affects your sugar cravings
- A functional approach to getting to the root of sugar cravings
- Making small and sticky changes
- How to implement mindfulness and self awareness and really listen to your body
- How to know when you’re over-exercising
- The calorie-counting myth
- Helping kids have a healthy relationship with food
- Identifying obstacles
Listen to Jennifer’s podcast Healthy Harmony for more of her nuggets of wisdom. Learn more about her at inspirehealthyharmony.com.
Try Green Chef and get $100 off, including free shipping, when you go to greenchef.com/spark100 and use the code spark100.
Reimagine what a book club can be, and get a 30 day trial for only 99 cents at literati.com/spark.
Parents, It’s Gonna Be OK: Safe, Evidence-Based Tools for Kids’ Mental Health
Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge is a mental health trailblazer, founder of The Global Institute of Children’s Mental Health and Dr. Roseann & Associates, who FORBES magazine called, “A thought leader in children’s mental health”.
Her new book, “It’s Gonna Be Ok: Proven Ways to Improve Your Child’s Mental Health” is available now.
In this episode we discuss her book and why her information and methods have been helpful and life-changing for so many parents and children.
- Symptom reversal and reduction in kids
- Pros and cons of labels
- The latest research on meds and kids
- How to change the dialogue on kids’ mental health
- Eight pillars of mental health
- How to regulate your child’s nervous system
- The foods that power up kids’ brains
- How low fat foods increase depression
- How 100% of people on ADHD meds have side effects
- How to improve sleep habits
For more information, follow Dr. Roseann on social media @drroseann or at her website drroseann.com.
Proven quality sleep is life-changing sleep. Special offers at sleepnumber.com/wholeness
How to Regulate Your Endocannabinoid System with CBD
The Endocannabinoid System (ECS) is a recent scientific discovery that has many researchers digging in on new ways to find homeostasis in the body and restore balance. This episode covers all the way CBD can benefit the body and the current research on the topic.
Sean Gale is known as The CBD Pharmacist. He is an American board-certified pharmacist, author, speaker, and online course creator.
Sean began studying CBD over 2 years ago when he started selling it in his pharmacy. By using a combination of his pharmaceutical training and 26 years of real-life experience in retail pharmacy, Sean has formulated a unique perspective on CBD that cannot be found anywhere else.
- Sean’s background and why he started using CBD in his pharmacy
- Information on the Endocannabinoid System and how it oversees all body systems
- Common myths and misconceptions about CBD
- Different forms of CBD and how to use it
- Side effects of using CBD
- How to look for quality CBD products
- How CBD can help the body heal faster, reduce inflammation - including cytokine storms
- CBD use in kids
Find Sean’s information at awakentocbd.com
Get Sean’s book for free (only pay shipping) here:
Get a FREE $75 job credit at indeed.com/spark
How to Make Childbirth Less Painful and Have the Best Birth You Can Have
Medical grade, somnambulistic hypnosis is a way to make childbirth less painful, more comfortable, shorter, and empowers women to have the kind of birth they want to have.
This interview with Kerry Tuschhoff, Founder of Hypnobabies and renowned speaker and writer covers how Hypnobabies is on a mission to make childbirth less traumatic.
Hypnobabies allows moms to have a less painful, more joyful experience by learning techniques through its natural childbirth education course.
- Kerry’s background in childbirth education and how her own traumatic childbirth inspired this program
- What medical grade somnambulistic hypnosis is and how it is used as an alternative for anesthesia
- When expecting mothers can best utilize this program
- How Hypnobabies is different from meditation or relaxation
- The prevalence of birth trauma
- Different types of benefits for all different moms
- Religious misconceptions and hesitancies
- How it helps people have more relaxed pregnancies and less painful birth
- Hypnofertility program
For more information on Hypnobabies, or find a class in person or online, head to Hypnobabies.com
Get $100 off your first month of online therapy with Talkspace when you use the code sparkingwholeness at Talkspace.com
For stronger, healthier hair, go to nutrafol.com and use the promo code spark to save $15 on your first month’s subscription.
You're Not Fat, You're Inflamed - The Latest Science on Losing Weight
Fat cells are really amazing protective organs, and contrary to what you’ve been told - you can’t burn them. New research changes the way we approach weight loss and addressing inflammatory fat cells.
Dr. Tracey Stroup is a naturopathic doctor who has been in the health and wellness industry for over 25 years. She joins the show for a second time in order to break down common weight loss and exercise myths.
- Weight loss myths (including calorie counting and the phrase “burning fat”)
- What fat cells are and how they are protective
- Reasons for rapid weight gain and what to do to treat the root cause
- Nutrient deficiencies, medications, gut dysbiosis and the role they play in weight gain and loss
- How being 15 pounds overweight or more makes your body pro-inflammatory
- Stress and the impact on exercise
- How to work out without stressing your body out
- Optimizing detoxification and products that can aid in the detox process
Thank you to our sponsor:
Get 20% off your first order of Ancient Nutrition products at ancientnutrition.com with the code sparking.
Reimagine what a book club could be. Redeem your 30 day trial for only 99 cents at Literati.com/spark
How to Boost Your Fertility Through a Natural and Holistic Approach
Sarah Clark is the author of “Fabulously Fertile – Supercharge your Fertility Naturally,” “Fabulously Fertile Cookbook” and creator of the Fertility Preparation Program.
In this episode, she shares how she uses a functional medicine coaching approach and natural fertility solutions in an effort to reverse infertility through natural, holistic methods!
- Dropping fertility rates
- What does it mean to be diagnosed with infertility?
- The connection between gut health and fertility
- Issues with the birth control pill
- Best foods for fertility
- Environmental toxins and endocrine disrupting chemicals
- The impact of stress on fertility
- Tips to de-stress and the importance of sleep and relational support
Learn more about Sarah at fabfertile.com. Listen to Sarah’s podcast Get Pregnant Naturally wherever you find podcasts.
Get your proven, quality sleep with a Sleep Number bed at sleepnumber.com/Wholeness
Get $100 off your first month of therapy with Talkspace at Talkspace.com with the code sparkingwholeness.
Great subject variety
I live the variety of subjects Erin covers and wide array of top notch guests. I think she speaks to so many pertinent issues and really covers both sides of many topics. Thanks Erin for a great podcast with excellent depth.
Erin brings such a wide variety of guests and topics. I love her non-judgmental approach and her authenticity. I can tell she really cares about helping spark wholeness. :)
Erin has great guests and covers so many interesting health topics. And she’s fun to listen to! ❤️