Sparking Wholeness is not your typical health show. Erin Kerry is not your typical health coach. As a survivor of bipolar disorder, she has learned firsthand what it is like to deal with and manage a chronic illness.
This show brings together health experts from various fields in order to discuss popular wellness topics and offer hope and support for mental health issues. Whether it's addressing trauma, healing the gut microbiome, biohacking genes, addressing body image concerns, or exploring the struggles of motherhood and parenting, every episode is designed to spark wholeness.
Why Are Our Kids So Anxious and How Can We Help?
Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge is a mental health trailblazer who Forbes has called "The leader in children's mental health."She has helped thousands reverse the most challenging conditions, such as ADHD, anxiety, mood, autism, learning disability, Lyme, and PANS/PANDAS using proven holistic therapies.
In this episode, we discuss the anxiety epidemic affecting our children, why it has been happening, and what we can do about it.
- School pressure on kids today
- Genetic mutations that impact mental health, like MTHFR and COMT
- How to tell if your child is anxious
- Foods that destroy kids' mental health
- How biofeedback helps
- How neurofeedback impacts subconscious brain training
- PANS/PANDAS and autoimmune encephalopathy
- How Lyme/bartonella can be at the root of many mental illness diagnoses
- How parents can support their kids to grow more resilient
- Digestion issues and best supplements to have on hand
Learn more about Dr. Roseann at drroseann.com. Get her free gift of "Coping Statements" at teletherapytoolkitbonus.com. Follow her on Instagram at @drroseann
Don't forget to get $100 off your first month with Talkspace. Use the code SPARKINGWHOLENESS.
How to Find Out What Foods Are Harming Your Health
Dr. Brent Dorval is the creator of the Food Inflammation Test. He was involved in the creation of the first HIV/AIDS rapid diagnostic assay and held a number of management positions and served as an adviser to the World Health Organization committee on vaccines and diagnostics. He has several patents covering rapid assays, novel biomarkers and a novel polio virus vaccine.
In this episode we discuss the patented food inflammation test that has helped many people get to the root of their health concerns, including IBS, brain fog, headaches, skin issues, and mental health function.
- The difference between an allergy and an delayed food sensitivity
- How an inflammatory response from food shows on a blood test
- Why there is an increase in food sensitivities
- How food sensitivities impact brain health and how leaky gut = leaky brain
- Why KBMO FIT test is different than any other sensitivity test
- The independent clinical studies showing the effectiveness of using the FIT test
To watch the entire interview and view the PowerPoint presentation, click here:
To learn more about the FIT test or set up a provider account, head to kbmodiagnostics.com
To get the FIT test for yourself and a customized plan, contact me!
Don’t forget to get $15 off your first visit with a board-certified dermatologist at apostrophe.com/sparkingwholeness and use the code sparkingwholeness.
How to Break Free From Yo-Yo Dieting and Live Your Life in the Body You Have Today
Holly Toronto has 4 years of experience helping highly driven women stop dieting and build resilience to toxic beauty messages. She uses an intuitive and spiritual approach that guides her clients towards self trust, confidence and Sovereignty over their entire being; body, mind and soul.
In this episode, we discuss how to break free from the back and forth cycle of dieting for GOOD, how to live your life in the body you have without judging or objectifying it.
- Holly’s turning point in her dieting journey and what transitioned her to a body acceptance approach to coaching
- How elimination diets trigger orthorexia
- Food is more than fuel, and finding pleasure from food doesn’t have to be a morality issue
- The pleasure and satisfaction factor in eating
- How to improve your relationship with food and your body image
- Weight as a poor indicator of health
- Digging into the root of body image issues
- How sexual trauma and abuse plays a role in how we see our bodies
- Giving yourself unconditional permission to eat and its effect on the nervous system
- Number obsession and vanity sizing
Holly has group coaching available as well as many resources on her website hollytoronto.com
Follow her on Instagram @holly.toronto
Grab Holly’s Free Body Gratitude Meditation here: https://hollytorontocoaching.lpages.co/body-gratitude-meditation/
Get life-changing sleep from Sleep Number! Visit sleepnumber.com/wholeness
How to Get Organized and Get Rid of Clutter
Spring cleaning doesn't just help with the physical clutter, there are mental health benefits as well.
In this episode, professional organizer Dana Hentschel of Arranging Joy shares her passion for organizing and how we can create spaces in our homes that reduce clutter and bring us joy!
- Creating a warm environment for the home
- Understanding the emotional attachment to our things
- Creating systems that work
- How to de-clutter in an ongoing way
- How to stay organized with minimal steps
- Dana's 3 L system
- How to find the time to make it work
- Finding organizational systems that kids will follow through with
Learn more about Dana at arrangingjoy.com or follow her Instagram for ongoing tips at @arrangingjoy.
Get a FREE $75 credit to upgrade your job post on Indeed at indeed.com/spark.
Changing the Conversation on Postpartum Depression
Walker Ladd, Ph.D. has been a thought leader in the field of maternal mental health for nearly two decades.
Her writing and research challenge paradigms of motherhood and mental illness, using women’s stories to reveal the hidden truths and extraordinary dimensions of the lived experience of motherhood.
In this episode, we discuss the prevalence of postpartum depression, the stigma, trauma, postpartum growth, and how the language around this time in a mother’s life needs to change.
Her groundbreaking book is called Transformed by Postpartum Depression: Women’s Stories of Trauma and Growth.
Learn more about her work at walkerladd.com
Get $100 off your first month of talk therapy Talkspace.com with the code sparkingwholeness
Looking Beyond One-Size-Fits-All Solutions for Our Health
Is science ever settled? How can we continue to be our own health advocates, look beyond the one-size-fits-all solutions, and find what is helpful for our unique bodies? There are so many different opinions, so how do we know what to do that’s right for our health?
Del Bigtree is an Emmy-winning producer who is raising awareness for body autonomy and medical freedom. His internet news show, The Highwire, is the fastest growing program in the natural health arena. His non-profit, the Informed Consent Action Network, or ICAN, is leading worldwide investigations into drug and vaccine fraud that have already resulted in multiple winning lawsuits against US Government agencies Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, CDC and FDA.
In this conversation, we dig into some controversial topics in order to better understand all sides of the growing conversation on medical risk. Topics include: the pro/anti vaccine debate, the history of informed consent, the importance of being able to make choices for your own body, lawsuits that ICAN is involved with, chronic disease rates in kids, and how we can arm ourselves with knowledge moving forward.
Watch Del’s news show on thehighwire.com.
Check out the current lawsuits and information on his nonprofit organization at icandecide.org.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Erin has great guests and covers so many interesting health topics. And she’s fun to listen to! ❤️
New listener, coming back for more!
I enjoyed Erin’s interview with Andy Wakefield! She did a fantastic job presenting difficult topics with a gracious approach, which is really helpful when speaking intentionally about things that usually are so divisive. Definitely excited to listen to more of her content, especially regarding the gut-brain connection!
Best health podcast
I listen to several health podcasts. This is my favorite! Erin is all about helping the whole body-soul, mind and body. Her guests are so helpful with great tips and information.