Nicole Beurkens, Ph.D., CNS: “From a mental health standpoint, movement is critical—when we're too sedentary, that's a problem.”
Beurkens, a clinical psychologist and board-certified nutritionist, joins mbg Co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss her tips to get through this mental health epidemic, plus:
- Hero foods for anxiety at every age
- Why more and more kids are diagnosed with mental health disorders
- How to build self-esteem & deal with uncertainty
- How much sleep you actually need for your mental health
- What to do if your kid is anxious abut going back to school
Referenced in the episode:
- Beurkens' website.
- A study showing 25-50% of people diagnosed with ADHD experience sleep issues.
- A study showing allergies associated with a higher risk of developing psychiatric conditions.
- Data & stats about ADHD in school-aged kids.
- Read Beurkens' parenting articles on mbg.
Enjoy this episode sponsored by Uprising Food! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.