Patrick McKeown: “Breathing is deeper than what's just being taught.”
McKeown, a breathing expert and bestselling author, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to tell if you're breathing right & how to strengthen your breath, plus:
- How your breath can affect your hormones
- How to increase HRV & why it matters
- The link between breath & sleep quality
- How men & women breathe differently
- The weird reason you may have cold hands & feet
Referenced in the episode:
- McKeown's book, The Breathing Cure.
- mbg Podcast episode #245, with James Nestor.
- McKeown's free breathing program for children.
- A study by Karen Bonuck, Ph.D., about sleep disordered breathing & special needs education.
- A study showing nasal breathing's effects on pediatric sleep disorder and craniofacial growth.
- McKeown's Myotape.
- Study by Kyle Kiesel, P.T., Ph.D., about breath hold time & dysfunctional breathing.
- WHOOP data about respiratory rate and COVID-19.
- Information about the Buteyko Breathing Method.
Don't forget to use the code PROBIOTICPOD at checkout to save 25% off your first month subscription of mbg's probiotic+. It's the only blend in the world with our unique combination of four strains to beat bloating, aid digestion, and reset your gut.* To learn more about the supplement Jason swears by, visit mindbodygreen.com/probioticpod.
Enjoy this episode sponsored by Penguin Random House! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking medications, consult with your doctor before starting a supplement routine. It is always optimal to consult with a health care provider when considering what supplements are right for you.