Samantha Boardman, M.D.: “People who do even 20 to 30 minutes of running per day say that their mood improves short- and long-term.”
Boardman, a positive psychiatrist, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to get moving when you're feeling unmotivated, plus:
- How to start a workout routine you'll actually stick to (~07:13)
- The health benefits of working out with a friend (~09:13)
- How to achieve the runner's high (~14:33)
- How to use mindfulness to quicken your running pace (~19:38)
- How to talk to a loved one who needs to take better care of themselves (~33:57)
Referenced in the episode:
- mbg Podcast episode #329 and #14, with Boardman.
- Boardman's book, Everyday Vitality.
- Research from Katy Milkman, Ph.D., on temptation bundling.
- Research from Milkman on flexible exercise routines.
- A study showing exercise companions lead to more frequent workouts.
- A study showing just 30 minutes of exercise can improve mood.
Enjoy this episode sponsored by New Balance! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.