Madiha Saeed, M.D.: “The things that we put in bodies have a dramatic effect on our behaviors.”
Saeed, a board-certified integrative family physician, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob to discuss how unchecked inflammation can affect your mental health, plus:
- The best foods to support immunity & protect your brain
- How to enhance the flavor of your veggies
- How gratitude can help reduce inflammation
- How your behaviors can actually change other people's brains
- How to get more plant-based sources of iron
Referenced in the episode:
- mbg Podcast episode #292, with Saeed.
- Saeed's latest book, The Holistic Rx For Kids.
- A study on inflammatory markers and behavioral problems in children.
- A study on how junk food affects adolescents' brains.
- A study on how fruits and vegetables can support children's mental health.
- A study on 400 infants showing how gut bacteria can affect cognition.
- A study showing childhood obesity linked to psychosocial & cognitive consequences.
- A study showing vitamin D levels during pregnancy associated with higher IQ scores.
- Recent research on mirror neurons.
Enjoy this episode of the mindbodygreen podcast, sponsored by Emergen-C, the dietary supplement and wellness brand for year-round immune support.* Give it a listen and claim your coupon today!
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.