Welcome to the Holistic Spaces Podcast, feng shui conversations with Anjie & Laura co-founders of the Mindful Design Feng Shui School. We hope to inspire you to create your own holistic spaces that nurture and resonate with you.
Anjie Cho and Laura Morris are the founders of the Mindful Design Feng Shui School. We teach feng shui online at Mindful design School!
check us out at mindfuldesignschool.com and be sure to sign up for our mailing list for special free workshops and opps to ask questions for the podcast!
Tune in every Monday for a new podcast episode.
Episode 191: Fall Equinox & The Metal Element
Happy Equinox! Are you starting to feel the shift in seasons? In this episode, we’re talking about the metal element and its connection to fall, and how we can work with this energy in our homes.
- What is the Fall Equinox?
- Shifting from a yang season to a yin one
- The connection between fall and the metal element
- How to work with the metal element in feng shui
- How to align with this season’s energy in your home
- Using this time of year to reflect and prepare for the future
Episode 190: Five Elements and Your Face
If you’ve been listening to us for a while, you know about the five elements. We’ve talked about the five elements system when it comes to choosing a paint color and finding your decluttering style, but did you know you can also apply it to your face? In this episode, we’re going over the basics of how to identify and accentuate each element in your own face to understand and shift your personal qi.
- What is face reading?
- Facial features associated with each element
- How each of the five elements might show up in your face
- The energy and qualities of each element
- Suggestions to accentuate each element
- Which elements Anjie and Laura are going to accentuate
Episode 189: Favorite Feng Shui Colors for the Dining Room
In this episode, we’re sharing our favorite feng shui-inspired colors for dining rooms! Whether you have a formal dining room or a dining table in an open-concept space, listen in to learn which colors will best support you in this part of your home.
- Our favorite colors for dining rooms
- What each of these colors represents in feng shui
- Different types of energy you can invoke through color
- The connection between colors and the five elements
- Creative ways to incorporate color into your dining space
Episode 188: Feng Shui Qi Forecast, September 2022
In this episode, we’re sharing a feng shui qi forecast for the month of September 2022! First, we go over what’s going on in nature and what you can expect energetically this month, and then Laura shares a tarot reading for the Holistic Spaces Podcast listener community. We also share how you can make the most of this month’s energy in your home through feng shui.
- Key dates to look out for this month in the moon’s cycle and the Chinese solar term calendar
- What to expect energetically this month
- Harvesting what you have planted
- Why the energy of the season supports reflection and looking inward
- The symbolism of metal energy
- Bringing more balance into your life
- Creating space in your home
- Actions we can take to align with the energy of September 2022
Episode 187: 5 Easy Ways to Feng Shui Your Kid's Bedroom
Since we’re entering the back-to-school season, we wanted to share a few ways you can support kids through feng shui. In this episode, we’re sharing 5 simple ways you can use feng shui in your kid’s bedroom to help set them up for success.
- The best places in the home for a child’s bedroom
- How to locate a bed in the most supportive position
- The feng shui of bunk beds
- How to choose colors for a kid’s bedroom
- Creating a dedicated study area for older children
- Choosing lighting for a kid’s room
- Why it’s important to involve your kids in the process
Episode 186: Feng Shui Tips for Moving Into a New Home
Whether you’re moving into your forever home, signing a new year-long lease, or checking into a hotel room for a week, feng shui can help you step into a new living space on the right foot. In this episode, we’re sharing five feng shui tips that you can use when moving into a new home. If you aren’t moving anytime soon, we suggest sending this one to a friend who is!
- Why it’s a good idea to remove predecessor qi from a new home
- Our favorite space clearing methods when moving into a new space
- The importance of introducing yourself to your home with gratitude
- How to open your stove to invite abundance and prosperity
- One simple change you can make in your bedroom to welcome a fresh start
- A feng shui ritual to infuse your new home with joy
Love this podcast, I always feel so calm listening to it. Thank you for sharing the wisdom! ❤️
This podcast is like therapy for me. I’ve been listening for five months and when I skipped a few weeks my mood and awareness declined. Finally, I figured out it was the podcast I was missing. It helps me approach life with my cup empty, ready to receive the gifts of the world. Love!