Sara DaSilva, of Audible Feast, interviews Hilary Jacobs Hendel, who was the guest on one of the podcasts we listened to as part of the June podcast playlist on Emotions. The episode that Hilary was a guest on was the Parenting Teens podcast episode entitled “37: Hilary Jacobs Hendel – It’s Not Always Depression.”
Here are some links to resources that Sara and Hilary talked about:
* Hilary’s book, It’s Not Always Depression: Listen to the Body, Discover Core Emotions, and Connect to your Authentic Self
* Hilary’s New York Times article, “It's Not Always Depression, Sometimes It's Shame”
* The Change Triangle, a tool that Hilary uses to help people get back to their true self.
* More about Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP)
* Diana Fosha, PhD, who developed AEDP
* Other trauma-informed treatments other than AEDP: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapy
* AEDP Therapist Directory
* Get in touch with Hilary Jacobs Hendel: http://www.changetriangle.com
Get involved in the discussion!
* Join PBC: newsletter, in-person chapter, Facebook Group, twitter
* Join Audible Feast: website, newsletter, Facebook, twitter
Music in this episode is “City Lights” by Audiobinger downloaded from the Free Music Archive
Audio editing and production by Steven Zampanti of Conceptual Podcasting.