I am Anshuman Tiwari and this is my podcast – Manage Better. Here, I will aim to share tools, tips, and techniques to manage better and have an advantage at work. I will also invite colleagues from across the world to share their story and tips on how to Manage Better.I am a Fellow of the American Society for Quality and have over 25 years experience in process improvement and transformation across industries.
Why and What of Executive Coaching - Gowri S Ramani
Jump in for an overview of Executive Coaching with one of India's leading coach, Gowri Ramani. Gowri is on the board of ICF the premier body of coaching globally. In this episode she answers why we need coaching, how to select a coach, and how to become one.
Qualitist Show - Dr Sunil Gupta, DeBono Master Trainer
Balaji S Reddie and I spoke with Dr Sunil Gupta as part of our #Qualitist series on behalf of Qimpro Foundation.
Dr Gupta is one of the five global lifetime master trainers on #DeBono methods, trained by the master himself. It does not get bigger than him in the field of creativity and innovation. He started his career in Quality and remains a passionate Qualitist.
Here are some key points from the hour-long highly educative chat.
Quality is not enough. We need Creativity and Innovation to make an impact. These subjects are all interrelated and interdependent.
DeBono's methods help us improve our thinking processes and if used properly they lead to outstanding results
Quality is not enough. Creativity is not enough. Innovation is not enough. We have to keep applying all these methods and continue to make an impact.
Younger people entering the Quality profession, should focus on learning and applying the learning. All this comes in handy later in your career.
Crucial Conversations at Work with Shammi Pant and Anshuman Tiwari
In this episode, I speak with Shammi Pant to discuss how to identify and tackle Crucial Conversations at Work. Here are some key points from the talk:
1. Crucial conversations become crucial when opinions vary, stakes are high, and emotions run high
2. Like all skills, we can improve how we identify and tackle such conversations. Preparation helps
3. Self-awareness and introspection help us prepare.
4. We face such conversations often. At work and in personal life. Taking a deep breath. Pausing. Assessing our mindset is critical.
5. Confrontation may help you win the day but could lose you the war.
Of course, in some rare situations, the culture is toxic and there is malice in the air. Such a situation needs a decision, not a conversation.
Watch the video interview for more tips and tricks to get better at such conversations. Video is on my YouTube channel - Anshuman Tiwari
Life Transformation with Running - Coach Pramod
Pramod Deshpande, chief coach of Jayanagar Jaguars, India's leading Running Academy. Coach has trained over 7000 working professionals to pick endurance running as a hobby.
The event was live on YouTube, LinkedIn, and Facebook. Unedited video attached. I will share smaller edited videos later this week.
Some gems from the talk:
1. Human species has survived and thrived because it was active. And #running comes naturally to us. We are designed that way.
2. Running is not just about stamina and strength. There are four systems at work - Mental/Brain, Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Muscle and bones.
3. Just as in our careers, progress in running is slow and the steady and diligent are rewarded. Working on strength, stamina, balance, and rhythm is critical to improving performance.
4. While minor injuries will happen as we build strength, no major long term injury happens because of running. Most are due to improper preparation or over-ambition.
5. Running in a community or group helps to stay motivated and it's easier to follow a plan. This is especially important also for women runners from a safety point of view.
We also had TCM Sundaram, ace venture capitalist, joining the show to share his journey of becoming a regular runner at marathon events.
Indistractable by Nir Eyal - a quick review
Here is a review of another amazing book - Indistractable by Nir Eyal.
This book helps you to understand how to become Indistractable which I think is the superpower of the 21st century.
How can we stay away from distractions that keep us away from our goals is probably the power that all of us need. This book also busts the myth that we are distracted by the technology around us.
A quick disclaimer. This is not a book summary. This is just a book recommendation. I have read the book and I'm sharing my recommendation with you.
My suggestion is that you buy the book and read it.
Quick. Think of this. What is the opposite of distraction? No. Focus is not the opposite of distraction. It is traction.
The book is full of tips to hack back your time from the distractions that keep you away from your goals. My top two tips are:
- Calendarise your to-do list
- Resist your temptation for just 10 mins.
If you like this summary and we want more content like this, please like share and subscribe. It will mean a lot to me. And I will encourage myself to make more such content.
Qualitist Show - Shailesh Ghodekar of Marico
Marico is one of India's leading consumer product companies and is revered for its quality. Shailesh Ghodekar is Marico's head of Quality and in this episode, Balaji Reddie and Anshuman Tiwari speak to him on his Quality journey.
Listen in for deep insights on Marico's approach to Quality and lessons from one of India's leading quality management experts.