Ashley Jordan Ferira, Ph.D., R.D.: “If someone said they haven't consumed water in a few days, you'd be like, 'That's really bad.' The same should be with sleep.”
Ferira, mbg's Director of Scientific Affairs, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss why winding down is crucial for your health, plus:
- How to pre-game your sleep
- Why we're all so wired at bedtime
- How men & women differ when it comes to sleep
- The best foods to promote calm & help you rest
- The link between intermittent fasting & better sleep
Referenced in the episode:
- Data showing less than 7 hours of sleep associated with lower micronutrient intake.
- Dry Farm Wines & Thrive Market wines.
- Research on 80 mg lavender oil for stabilizing mood.
- Listen to Ferira's episode on Clean Beauty School.
- mbg article discussing why you should write your anxious thoughts down.
Our restful ritual bundle+ has arrived! This duo of calm+ and sleep support+ can help ease overactive thoughts and help you wind down for bed—so that you fall asleep faster and wake up feeling restored.* Visit mindbodygreen.com/unwind to learn more, and use the code RESTPOD at checkout to take up to 20% off the bundle.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.