“Claiming your right to exist without limits includes giving yourself permission to rest.” -@asiansformentalhealth
Conversations about mental health are never easy, but particularly for children of immigrants, children of culture, and the diaspora, navigating and prioritizing mental and emotional self-care can seem like an isolating and daunting task.
Our guest today has made it her professional mission to provide encouragement and guidance on how to overcome cultural stigmas while remaining proud of your heritage. Dr. Jenny Tzu-Mei Wang is a Taiwanese-American clinical psychologist known for her words of wisdom on Instagram @asiansformentalhealth. She is dedicated to destigmatizing conversations about mental health in the Asian community and focuses specifically on the intersections of Asian American identity, mental health, and intergenerational and racial trauma.
Grab a blanket and sit with us as we discuss identity and wellness, along with Dr. Wang’s new book, Permission to Come Home: Reclaiming Mental Health as Asian Americans.
Hosts: Melody Cheng and Janet Wang
Contributing Editor: Haemee Kang
Editor: Michelle Hsieh
P A R T N E R S
• European Wax Center: Get your first wax FREE at your local European Wax Center
• Issuu: Sign up for FREE or get 50% off a premium account with code ASIANBOSSGIRL at issuu.com/podcast
• Truebill: Start canceling your unwanted subscriptions & save money at truebill.com/abg
• Gusto: Get 3 months free at gusto.com/abg
C O N N E C T W I T H U S
• Subscribe and Follow us @asianbossgirl on Apple Podcasts/Spotify/YouTube/Instagram/Twitter/Facebook
• Listener Survey: Let us know your thoughts on the podcast here
• Shoutouts: Give a shoutout on the podcast here
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
S U P P O R T U S
• Merch: asianbossgirl.myshopify.com
• Donate: anchor.fm/asianbossgirl/support
• More about us at asianbossgirl.com
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices