Jason Crawford (@jasoncrawford), author of The Roots of Progress, joins Erik to discuss:
- The key aspects of human progress.
- The history of progress over time.
- Whether we’ve traded off progress for safety.
- Why the idea of progress is relatively new.
- What the nature of science fiction writing tells us about our vision for progress.
- Why progress happens differently in different domains.
- How to think about safety with respect to new technologies.
- The impacts of slowing population growth.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.