A podcast about professional broadcasting from someone who thought he was a professional broadcaster.
EP 135: Gerald Sanchez, Legacy Sports Network Owner
Gerald Sanchez, Legacy Sports Network
In this episode we discuss how to create your own opportunities as a sportscasting entrepreneur with Gerald Sanchez, the owner of the Legacy Sports Network in the Houston metro. Topics of discussion include:
* Catching the radio itch at 5 years old.* The two Houston broadcasters who influenced his style.* How the legendary Houston Cougar Phi Slamma Jamma squad led to him attending Houston University instead of a more traditional powerhouse broadcasting factory.… Read More
EP 134: Mike Kelly, Missouri Tigers
Mike Kelly, University of Missouri
This episode features my conversation with Mike Kelly, the radio voice of Missouri Tiger football and basketball. Topics of discussion include:
* How his student station influenced his life goal from wanting to be an attorney to a becoming broadcaster.* His experience in small town radio.’* Working for free as a correspondent at legendary station KMOX to get a foot in the door.… Read More
EP 133: J.J. Duke & Joe Vasile, Freelancers; MiLB Broadcasters; & Hosts Of The Views From The Booth Podcast
In this episode I visit with J.J. Duke and Joe Vasile. Mr. Duke is a freelance broadcaster on the east coast who has covered Fairfield University, Rider University, Yale University, and many more. He’s also a former MiLB voice and podcast co-host. Joe is the women’s basketball voice of Bucknell University, number three broadcaster for the Scranton-Wilkes-Barre Railriders and podcast co-host.… Read More
EP 132: Pete Pranica, Memphis Grzzlies TV
Pete Pranica, Memphis Grizzlies
My conversation with the TV voice of the Memphis Grizzlies, Pete Pranica. Topics of discussion include:
* The one pen he has to have for all of his game prep.* How listening to the radio in rural Wisconsin led to his love of sportscasting.* Going to the same high school as Kevin Harlan.… Read More
EP 131: Neil Price, Mississippi State
Neil Price, Mississippi State
My conversation with Neil Price, who’s the radio voice of Mississippi State football and men’s basketball. Topics of discussion include:
* The truck ride with his dad that led to his passion for play-by-play.* Being the voice of a team he rooted against as a kid.* How his small town upbringing led to on air opportunities as early as middle school.… Read More
EP 130: Guest Host John Thayer With Matt Coatney
John Thayer with Matt Coatney
This week features John Thayer, the voice of the University of South Dakota Coyotes, as a guest host. He visits with Matt Coatney, the women’s basketball hoops voice of the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Topics of discussion include:
* The challenges of covering college football during a pandemic.* The importance of understanding medical terminology surrounding Covid 19 to help inform fans.… Read More
Fun and Informative!
Logan is always well-researched when it comes to his guests, and it’s work that often gets cited by the interview subject. This is a fun, enjoyable listen for sports broadcasters and anyone interested in the business of sports broadcasting. There’s inspiration and education to be taken from every episode.
Very good podcast
As a sports tv agent I’ve been listening to Logan’s podcast for a while. He’s thorough and elicits good relevant information from his guests. And recently he had me on to discuss my book Don’t Take Yes for An Answer. He was well prepared and asked several questions that no other interviewer did. It’s a good listen especially for those interested in the field.
This is a podcast I enjoy! Great show with great stories!